• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

Sarnie

Bloody hell I hope that was worst case scenario. I saw them last at the end of November and they told me then that there was about a 20 week wait once the surgeon puts you on the list. By then I'll have been in the system for two very long years. Heh, I guess at this point, what's a few more weeks.
I like your version better. To be honest you get told so many contradictory things from person to person, I saw the MDT a few weeks ago, and they all told me different things about the same thing, you'd think they would all be in the same page x

OkieGirl

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the surgeon. I've met the anaesthetist already and that was fine bar my blood pressure being all over the shop. He wants me to monitor it at home and bring it on the day of surgery. I didn't manage to get down to my pre-Christmas weight and came in at 168.5kg, but I'm not far off and I'll keep plugging away.

I'll update as soon as I can regarding the surgeon.

OkieGirl

I HAVE A DATE! 10th APRIL !

I can't believe it! 8 weeks from now I'll be on the losers bench!

Ian2Big

Excellent News, 8 weeks is nothing,it will soon pass.

Parsnip

Woohoo. Congratulations. Have added you to the list (on first page)

slimkim

Congratulations on getting your date

Sarnie

Woo hoo! That's great news, congratulations x

Sarnie

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the surgeon. I've met the anaesthetist already and that was fine bar my blood pressure being all over the shop. He wants me to monitor it at home and bring it on the day of surgery. I didn't manage to get down to my pre-Christmas weight and came in at 168.5kg, but I'm not far off and I'll keep plugging away.

I'll update as soon as I can regarding the surgeon.
Can I ask, did they phone you to last minute to come to the appointment you had today. As they phoned me on Wednesday, and asked if I could come Friday, I assumed they mean next Friday, but i couldn't change it as my daughter takes me, just wondering. Also I'm now wondering if the surgeon will give me a date when I see him on the 15th March. It's very exciting. x

OkieGirl

Thanks everyone! I still don't think it's fully sunk in. Do you know, the first thing I said to my husband on the way out to the car was that the best part of it is that it means I'll be out of action during Easter - one of the busiest times for my job in the church office. This pleases me far more than it really should! :D

Sarnie, They didn't phone me. They'd sent me this date in December (I think...) by post. I was shocked because I really didn't expect to get a date at all today! They'd told me 20 weeks and so I was expecting sometime in June/July. Maybe the winter bed crisis didn't hit critical as much as it has in previous years. Today around there was weird because we got parked immediately and it didn't seem anywhere near as busy around the hospital in general. I hope they do give you a date when you go in March!

Sarnie

Thanks everyone! I still don't think it's fully sunk in. Do you know, the first thing I said to my husband on the way out to the car was that the best part of it is that it means I'll be out of action during Easter - one of the busiest times for my job in the church office. This pleases me far more than it really should! :D

Sarnie, They didn't phone me. They'd sent me this date in December (I think...) by post. I was shocked because I really didn't expect to get a date at all today! They'd told me 20 weeks and so I was expecting sometime in June/July. Maybe the winter bed crisis didn't hit critical as much as it has in previous years. Today around there was weird because we got parked immediately and it didn't seem anywhere near as busy around the hospital in general. I hope they do give you a date when you go in March!
I know how you feel, your news has definitely made me feel more excited and nervous as well, as I was expecting September, but from your experience it's likely to be a lot sooner, which is good. I bet it does feel surreal, after all that time playing the waiting game, then BAM! 8 weeks!! AND you get out of Easter lol. Win,win x

Bling Babe

Yay OMG that’s such good news, I’m so very pleased for you, that 5 days after my surgiversary! Who is your surgeon? Is mr Jain back now?
:angel:I’m so very happy for you....Eeeeeek 8 weeks that’s really soon xxx

Sarnie

Yay OMG that’s such good news, I’m so very pleased for you, that 5 days after my surgiversary! Who is your surgeon? Is mr Jain back now?
:angel:I’m so very happy for you....Eeeeeek 8 weeks that’s really soon xxx
Bling do you know of another surgeon at Luton beginning with the letter J, something like Jalilli, that it who the lady on the phone said I was seeing x

Sarnie

Bling do you know of another surgeon at Luton beginning with the letter J, something like Jalilli, that it who the lady on the phone said I was seeing x
Its ok I think I found him, I think it's Mr P. Jambulingham x

Bling Babe

Its ok I think I found him, I think it's Mr P. Jambulingham x
Yep that’s the one I was going to reply to you with, he done my gastroscopy and was also very nice, I’ve just realised he is @OkieGirl surgeon x

Sarnie

Yep that’s the one I was going to reply to you with, he done my gastroscopy and was also very nice, I’ve just realised he is @OkieGirl surgeon x
Oh yes, she must have just changed her info, pleased to know he is nice. Not that I'll be having much conversation with him on the day lol. Thanks hun x

OkieGirl

He is very nice and so was the anaesthetist, although I can't remember his name off the top of my head. I need to watch my blood pressure and keep some readings for him because I get white coat syndrome so badly. It was so bad during my pregnancies that my consultant refused to take my BP at the hospital and told everyone to leave me alone! Mr Jambulingham did say that I can't put on more weight because if I do he'll refuse to do the surgery, but I promised him I'd have the rest of my Christmas weight off plus some more if I can manage. My husband did say that when he realized just how much weight I'd lost while I've been in their care that he looked super impressed, I just couldn't see his face because I was lying down waiting for him to examine my stomach. The nurse that was with him did comment how well I'd done, so there's that at the very least.

@Bling Babe, I don't know if Mr Jain is back yet. I think he might still be on sabbatical.

I will be glad to have it all done. My poor husband is exhausted. He conked out on the sofa while looking through the Netflix menu. These long drives aren't fun and he gets so stressed and grumpy, especially on the way home. It didn't help that we got stuck in the awful roadworks around Cambridge as well as the tailbacks on some of the roundabouts going through Thetford. Then, as you get closer to Lowestoft it's like people just are not in any hurry at all. But there you go, there is a light at the end of the tunnel now!

Bling Babe

He is very nice and so was the anaesthetist, although I can't remember his name off the top of my head. I need to watch my blood pressure and keep some readings for him because I get white coat syndrome so badly. It was so bad during my pregnancies that my consultant refused to take my BP at the hospital and told everyone to leave me alone! Mr Jambulingham did say that I can't put on more weight because if I do he'll refuse to do the surgery, but I promised him I'd have the rest of my Christmas weight off plus some more if I can manage. My husband did say that when he realized just how much weight I'd lost while I've been in their care that he looked super impressed, I just couldn't see his face because I was lying down waiting for him to examine my stomach. The nurse that was with him did comment how well I'd done, so there's that at the very least.

@Bling Babe, I don't know if Mr Jain is back yet. I think he might still be on sabbatical.

I will be glad to have it all done. My poor husband is exhausted. He conked out on the sofa while looking through the Netflix menu. These long drives aren't fun and he gets so stressed and grumpy, especially on the way home. It didn't help that we got stuck in the awful roadworks around Cambridge as well as the tailbacks on some of the roundabouts going through Thetford. Then, as you get closer to Lowestoft it's like people just are not in any hurry at all. But there you go, there is a light at the end of the tunnel now!
Oh my that journey is just awful it’s such a long day but they will get less and les soon xxx

Sarnie

My blood pressure was a bit raised when I went, they said they weren't concerned, but I went to doctors today and she also said it was a bit raised, I also wonder if I get white coat syndrome, but I never feel nervous, but at home my BP is always good, so I can't make it out! Keep plodding on with your weight, just as long as you don't gain any you'll be fine.
I too detest the journeys to Luton, I wish they would hurry up an invent teleportation lol x