• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

Day 4 of the milk diet, and it’s not actually that bad. The hardest bit is preparing everyone else’s meals.
Well done, apparently it gets easier after day 3/4 so you'll breeze it x

I have so far lost 6kgs since Tuesday, which is insane.

Thanks Hun. Hoping I can be lucky and avoid gas pain x
Feeling a bit nervous now! One more week of eating “normal” then that’s it 3 weeks on the milk diet then I’m in, I’ve never had elective surgery before and this is my second surgery.. thing I’m more nervous as it’s a organ been altered, my first op was taking my wisdom teeth out which was a breeze.... keep us posted @Parsnip

Feeling a bit nervous now! One more week of eating “normal” then that’s it 3 weeks on the milk diet then I’m in, I’ve never had elective surgery before and this is my second surgery.. thing I’m more nervous as it’s a organ been altered, my first op was taking my wisdom teeth out which was a breeze.... keep us posted @Parsnip
I think nerves are totally normal (well I hope so!), I start my lrd a week on Tuesday but I only need to do two weeks luckily. Trying to fit in a few treats before then without going too crazy. Its my birthday on Friday so looking forward to some cake lol

Are you all set for tomorrow @TJG22? How are you feeling?

Last edited:
Hope everything went well yesterday @TJG22

Hope everything went well yesterday @TJG22
Hello, op went well thankyou and im now home but in very bad pain with what i believe is wind? in my right side by my ribs/side.. ive walked around, paracetamol etc. does this sound normal to you guys who have had it? I'm just scared because im over an hour away from chi hospital and if something is wrong i have to be taken there and as its a long journey its concerning.. feels like a really bad stitch constantly in my side? Thankyou x

Hello, op went well thankyou and im now home but in very bad pain with what i believe is wind? in my right side by my ribs/side.. ive walked around, paracetamol etc. does this sound normal to you guys who have had it? I'm just scared because im over an hour away from chi hospital and if something is wrong i have to be taken there and as its a long journey its concerning.. feels like a really bad stitch constantly in my side? Thankyou x
Wind pain is dreadful but it will get better. Keep walking and drink peppermint tea.if it continues please contact your team. Congratulations on surgery xxxx

Definitely sounds like wind, do as advices by @Maria61, maybe try some windezz too (sorry I’ve spelt that wrong) xx

How's the milk diet going? xx

How's your wind pain now? I had that under my left rib fit about 2 weeks, walking around did nothing for me, but lying down first on my back, then on either side got it moving. Hope you feel better now x

How's your wind pain now? I had that under my left rib fit about 2 weeks, walking around did nothing for me, but lying down first on my back, then on either side got it moving. Hope you feel better now x
Hello, thankyou for replying hun been feeling really lost to be honest, everywhere i read people say they feel much better after a few days lol, i'm 4 days out and most of the wind pain seems to be gone i just have this really bad bruised/ache under my ribs on the right and when i move its like a sharp stabbing pain. I assume it is normal but its just worrying me lol. hearing that you had pain for 2 weeks does make me feel more assured. I also cant manage more than a few teaspoons of food at a time, i assume thats normal? drinking is hard for me too, after a few sips im full of air and burping/chest pain. all fun isnt it lol xxx

Hello, thankyou for replying hun been feeling really lost to be honest, everywhere i read people say they feel much better after a few days lol, i'm 4 days out and most of the wind pain seems to be gone i just have this really bad bruised/ache under my ribs on the right and when i move its like a sharp stabbing pain. I assume it is normal but its just worrying me lol. hearing that you had pain for 2 weeks does make me feel more assured. I also cant manage more than a few teaspoons of food at a time, i assume thats normal? drinking is hard for me too, after a few sips im full of air and burping/chest pain. all fun isnt it lol xxx
Oh bless ya, it can be very over whelming at first. If the pain feels like really bad stitch, its probably still gas pain, but if you are worried phone your team for reassurance, I did, because the pain was so bad under my left rib. Are you taking a stool softener? Have you been to the toilet yet? It could also be constipation.
Just concentrate mostly on keeping hydrated this early on, that's the most important thing and just eat what you can as often as you can, it will get better I promise. Drink and eat really slowly, so you are not taking in too much air with it, it really is constant sipping, it's like a full time job in the beginning, but that also gets better pretty quickly. I'm sure you'll do great xx

Oh bless ya, it can be very over whelming at first. If the pain feels like really bad stitch, its probably still gas pain, but if you are worried phone your team for reassurance, I did, because the pain was so bad under my left rib. Are you taking a stool softener? Have you been to the toilet yet? It could also be constipation.
Just concentrate mostly on keeping hydrated this early on, that's the most important thing and just eat what you can as often as you can, it will get better I promise. Drink and eat really slowly, so you are not taking in too much air with it, it really is constant sipping, it's like a full time job in the beginning, but that also gets better pretty quickly. I'm sure you'll do great xx

Its getting slightly better day by day but I did ring my team but apparently theres no nurses or dieticians in until wed so i'll have to wait for a call back then! no i haven't.. i'm going to ask about that wednesday.. i went for a tiny tiny bowel movement the day after my surgery in hospital but it was nothing really lol so I definitely think I need something to help me go. I'm trying my best to keep hydrated its just so difficult, i'll sip a few small sips and have a bad pressure/pain in my chest until I burp then feel so full, so it definitely is hard but thankyou so much for the advice, its really helping me. definitely so overwhelming at the moment lol. xxx

Its getting slightly better day by day but I did ring my team but apparently theres no nurses or dieticians in until wed so i'll have to wait for a call back then! no i haven't.. i'm going to ask about that wednesday.. i went for a tiny tiny bowel movement the day after my surgery in hospital but it was nothing really lol so I definitely think I need something to help me go. I'm trying my best to keep hydrated its just so difficult, i'll sip a few small sips and have a bad pressure/pain in my chest until I burp then feel so full, so it definitely is hard but thankyou so much for the advice, its really helping me. definitely so overwhelming at the moment lol. xxx
Its bad you have to wait until Wednesday after you've had a major op! Anyways when you do speak to them tell them also about your pain when drinking, because if you are drinking sips slowly you shouldn't really be getting pain, unless you really are still full of gas from surgery. I farted like there was no tomorrow after surgery lol. I really hope you are too, because you need to get that out if you lol.,Keep your chin up hun, no matter what, things will definitely get better, just take one day at a time. xx

Surgery went well, so sleepy now. xx

So happy everything went well. I thought I'd posted a good luck message but obviously losing my mind.

@linz30 hope everything went well today x

Back