• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

Parsnip

Oh no. I seemed to have escaped much gas pain luckily. Also relieved I didn't have a drain by the sounds of it.
Hope you feel more yourself soon x

Charlie Fenton

Oh no. I seemed to have escaped much gas pain luckily. Also relieved I didn't have a drain by the sounds of it.
Hope you feel more yourself soon x
The gas pain was the worst for me on the first day, right in the centre of my chest, after that it was fine. The drain wasn't too bad for me, I barely noticed it, funnily enough what was bad about it was that it was on my side and I am extremely ticklish, even more so after the surgery (I am numb near that site, they think they might have hit a nerve, feeling will come back soon), and my mum had to physically hold me down to stop me moving when they had to remove it due to how ticklish I am :p

Queenykjp

The gas pain was the worst for me on the first day, right in the centre of my chest, after that it was fine. The drain wasn't too bad for me, I barely noticed it, funnily enough what was bad about it was that it was on my side and I am extremely ticklish, even more so after the surgery (I am numb near that site, they think they might have hit a nerve, feeling will come back soon), and my mum had to physically hold me down to stop me moving when they had to remove it due to how ticklish I am :p
The dreaded gas!! Mine is still in the centre of my chest and creeps up threw my right collar bone, I have been freeing the wind more tho at both ends :p:p so I’m hoping it will be fully gone by the weekend, feel very bloated and I’m laid in bed today as the pain is really turning it up again it’s where my drain was...

Charlie Fenton

The dreaded gas!! Mine is still in the centre of my chest and creeps up threw my right collar bone, I have been freeing the wind more tho at both ends :p:p so I’m hoping it will be fully gone by the weekend, feel very bloated and I’m laid in bed today as the pain is really turning it up again it’s where my drain was...

Ah I hope it feels better soon! I was lucky with my drain as I barely felt it, but again that may be because they think they hit a nerve ending somewhere and so I have been numb around there for a while since the surgery. I know one of the nurses gave me buscopan when I wasn’t allowed to move around immediately after the surgery and was really struggling and that helped, also she recommended turning on my side as different positions can help move things too (although had to do that very slowly as it does hurt a bit getting into position and was careful not to do it on the drain side).

Queenykjp

Ah I hope it feels better soon! I was lucky with my drain as I barely felt it, but again that may be because they think they hit a nerve ending somewhere and so I have been numb around there for a while since the surgery. I know one of the nurses gave me buscopan when I wasn’t allowed to move around immediately after the surgery and was really struggling and that helped, also she recommended turning on my side as different positions can help move things too (although had to do that very slowly as it does hurt a bit getting into position and was careful not to do it on the drain side).
I kept laying on my side, moving regularly but no luck :( how are you getting on with your fluid intake, I’m interested to know what people are managing, I’ve managed 500ml since I woke up at 8am which is a massive improvement from yesterday I only managed 400ml all day.. x

Bling Babe

I kept laying on my side, moving regularly but no luck :( how are you getting on with your fluid intake, I’m interested to know what people are managing, I’ve managed 500ml since I woke up at 8am which is a massive improvement from yesterday I only managed 400ml all day.. x
That’s a good intake in a couple of hours, I remember it being a full time job, I literally sipped every 5 minutes, I really hope that gas pain disappears soon, glad it coming out now ! Xx

Queenykjp

That’s a good intake in a couple of hours, I remember it being a full time job, I literally sipped every 5 minutes, I really hope that gas pain disappears soon, glad it coming out now ! Xx
I was pleased with yesterday’s in take, I managed a small tin of soup and a protein shake and a mini milk, in total (combination of fluids) I only managed 1000ml, I’m not stressing out at this point I’m just trying to build my strength up, slept well last night just woke up :) the wind is 90% gone think I’m just bruised badly on the inside, and my chronic pain has returned but I think that’s due to the shock my body has gone through xxx

Sarnie

Morning ladies feel mega rough!!! They’ve just took my drain out thank god! I’m on some codiene and there just sorting my liquid medication out, hopefully I can go home today I’ve got to get up and move or I carnt go home, I’ve managed a small tea cup of water and a large tea cup of water so far! I keen to get moving folks!! My lovely lilac hair is all dip dyed blue! Pain is about 7/10 and unfortunately I have trapped wind! Xxx
How are you feeling now? Trapped wind is an awful pain, I hope yours had gone by now. Xx

Queenykjp

How are you feeling now? Trapped wind is an awful pain, I hope yours had gone by now. Xx
Morning beautiful sarnie :) the wind is long gone, my bowel movements are back to normal, sorry 😐 , my tummy is still a little tender, but after having a mental breakdown last night my husband encouraged me to get on the scales this morning... and drum role... I’m 7lb down in my first week which I’m really happy about :) making me 4lb off of loosing 3 stone since the beginning :) just the boost I need :) x

Parsnip

Morning beautiful sarnie :) the wind is long gone, my bowel movements are back to normal, sorry 😐 , my tummy is still a little tender, but after having a mental breakdown last night my husband encouraged me to get on the scales this morning... and drum role... I’m 7lb down in my first week which I’m really happy about :) making me 4lb off of loosing 3 stone since the beginning :) just the boost I need :) x
Well done, amazing loss x

Sarnie

Awww thanks 😊 if you see me right now, beautiful isn't a word I'd use, still in bed with morning hair and face 😂😂
That's got to feel good getting things shifting around properly inside, it makes such a difference to how we feel, well it does me.
Why was you having a breakdown?
Wow 7lbs that's wonderful hun and 3st gone how good are you! Well done hun your doing great xx

Bling Babe

Fantastic loss xx

Queenykjp

Awww thanks 😊 if you see me right now, beautiful isn't a word I'd use, still in bed with morning hair and face 😂😂
That's got to feel good getting things shifting around properly inside, it makes such a difference to how we feel, well it does me.
Why was you having a breakdown?
Wow 7lbs that's wonderful hun and 3st gone how good are you! Well done hun your doing great xx
Just absolutely balls’d off of liquid food.. and since I came home my lovely husband has eaten takeaways.... so yesterday I just crumbled... I miss the motion of eating food x

Bling Babe

Just absolutely balls’d off of liquid food.. and since I came home my lovely husband has eaten takeaways.... so yesterday I just crumbled... I miss the motion of eating food x
He’s very naughty!! Xx

Bling Babe

Your telling me! I swear I could of choked him on that samosa he was eating! Anyhow I’ve been in the shower I still have a blue dip blue :) and I’ve had a look at my ports and they look fab so alls good :) x
My OH bought “Percy” (my pouch) a huge chocolate flake birthday cake on my first surgiversary!!! X

Sarnie

Awww bless ya, you should banish him to another room if he has to eat that when you can't, at least while you're getting your head around it all x

Parsnip

@Kev_h you're officially on the list x