• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2lb!!!!

angeeb

Tomorrow will be a week i've been on my pre op, i've done really well and not cheated once........just weighed myself and i've lost a measly 2lb!! how on earth will I loose another 5 next week? does this mean my liver is not shrinking? :eek::eek:

angeeb said:
Tomorrow will be a week i've been on my pre op, i've done really well and not cheated once........just weighed myself and i've lost a measly 2lb!! how on earth will I loose another 5 next week? does this mean my liver is not shrinking? :eek::eek:

If you haven't cheated I think your liver will have shrunk.

Have you been set a 7lb target?

Yes....7lb
I started to cut out carbs the week before though and lost 2 lb that week too, but thought as i'd eaten so much less this week it may have been more than 2lb...feel like living on water alone next week :(

angeeb said:
Yes....7lb
I started to cut out carbs the week before though and lost 2 lb that week too, but thought as i'd eaten so much less this week it may have been more than 2lb...feel like living on water alone next week :(

Low fat protein mainly and up your water. Eat less and it will be worse. I tried that recently and I even gained. Good luck xxx

its about the shrinking of the liver not the weightloss... your body is probably storing your fat and water at the moment... but as said as long as you have stuck to the diet guidelines then your liver would of shrunk xxx

Raynebubble said:
its about the shrinking of the liver not the weightloss... your body is probably storing your fat and water at the moment... but as said as long as you have stuck to the diet guidelines then your liver would of shrunk xxx

But she has been given a target. Hence why I didn't give the glycogen facts lol. It's harder when the pre op has a weight loss target too x

angeeb said:
Yes....7lb

Which pre op diet are you on btw?

Which pre op diet are you on btw?

low fat, low, sugar and carbohydrate.....i've been having a slimfast in the mornings....do they have too many carbs? maybe I should change that? i'm mildly panicking now!

I shouldnt worry too much, I had my surgery date ( and type) changed half way through my pre op diet which sent me right off kilter with the weight loss.

I lost the ground amount of 4 ounces! Nothing was said or commented on. I have (had) fatty liver too.

They deal with allsorts of sized livers so yours is no diff than someone who has lost a load of weight but was bigger to start with - if you see what I mean.

low fat, low, sugar and carbohydrate.....i've been having a slimfast in the mornings....do they have too many carbs? maybe I should change that? i'm mildly panicking now!

Slimfast has many carbs. But one of the pre op diet options at my hospital as them as an option. So its hard to tell whats what :sigh:

Try 1 weetabix instead of the slim fast Hun x I've just dun my 1st wk I had

Bfast 1 weetabix
Dinner 1 slice whole meal bread (toasted) scrape of low fat clover
Tea fist size jacket pot 25 g low low cheese n 3 tablespoons baked beans side salad
Supper 1 ww yogurt a apple n a orange
N I was allowed 300mls of skimmed milk

I've just weighed as I start clear fluids 2moz n I've lost 9lb this wk I'm well shocked xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

From what I have read so far, it appears that the pre-op liver shrinkage diet does not always give great results on the scale, as its all about the liver.
As long as your following their instructions, thats all you can do!
Good luck!
SNx

I think the pre op diet is all about the liver, The Weight loss is a bonus, What we need to realise is not just eating the right thing will result in weight loss, We need to exercise and make adjustments to our routines to get the best results.

Back