• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the worst that can happen?

Suwiexx

I have 12 days left to do on my pre opp diet weighed myself today, I've been doing it 2 weeks and Lost NOTHING... And I have stuck to it I am the exact same weight, surly that can't be right!? I'm so down I just want a night where I can eat a nice meal with a bottle of wine I mean would it really scupper al my chances on opp day?has anyone cheated and survived? Cx

The pre-op diet isn't about losing weight it's about shrinking your liver to help the surgeon. You can cheat and run the risk that the surgeon will open you up and not be able to do the surgery. You're the only one that can make that decision.

Suwiexx said:
I have 12 days left to do on my pre opp diet weighed myself today, I've been doing it 2 weeks and Lost NOTHING... And I have stuck to it I am the exact same weight, surly that can't be right!? I'm so down I just want a night where I can eat a nice meal with a bottle of wine I mean would it really scupper al my chances on opp day?has anyone cheated and survived? Cx

The weight loss will show, it's a fact but obviously just isn't showing on the scales yet. It will if you leave it a few more days.

However if you eat tonight and drink wine, mentally you'll be letting yourself down! Stay in the zone. The food and wine may not be very harmful but will you be able to get back on track tomorrow?

My advice is stay strong and tomorrow you'll be really glad you did.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Suwie, please stick to your liver shrinking diet.

If they try to do operation and find you havent tried (yes they can tell) they can refuse to do operation. When i had my operation they found my liver was too large even though i had lost a stone on pre-op diet. I now have a balloon fitted to loose a bit more weight but was told they could have refused to do operation!!!

Nicky x

The pre op diet isn't about weight, it's about liver shrinkage, weight loss is a side effect. It's also a mental preparation for your new life, cheat and take a risk of not having your surgery but don't ask permission to do so, you are in control of you fate. I don't want to sound harsh as we have felt like this but for me surgery was more important than a quick fix of food or wine and I wasn't going to ruin my chance of long term happiness.
Only you can decide.

suwiexx

i been on the pre op diet for 2 wks
didnt do the milk thingy i had eggs, fish fruit cuppa soup
sounds so yummy to so boring
first week lost 7th but havnt been on scales till sunday before i go in
gook luck, hope all goes well for you

kay xx

Thanks everyone think I'm just having a really crappy day and feel like giving up I'm over half way on the pre opp diet but still feels like forever to go :-( I haven't cheated I've had a grilled 4oz steak peas and mushrooms with my slimming world chips and diet shandy bass. When u get like this I don't know how to get myself out of if :-( x

That's why we are here! We've all felt the same and will have many more temptations on this journey. But keep posting and we will all be able to support one and other.
Carol Xx

Just think only a few days to go and dieting will get easier! Which op are you having?

Thanks everyone it was the kick up the arse I needed. I'm in for a bypass at st Mary's (kingsx) on the 24th. Think in going to take my sorry self to bed and away from the fridge xxx

Back