• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panicking, need to loose 9kg VERY FAST!!!

NEDebz

I got a call from the hospital today offering me a surgery date of the 13th August, SRH are very strict and you must not have put on any weight when you have your pre assessment or they will turn you away. Well I've just popped on the scales and have put on 9kg :eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure when my preassessment appointment will be but thinking possibly 2 weeks before my planned surgery which gives me 2 weeks to loose 9kg!!!!!! Is it possible? If so, how on earth do I manage it???? I dont want to come this far to be turned away :cry:

Yes it's possible do the slimfast diet
I lost 11lb in 9 days
Good luck
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

whats 9kg in pounds hun, you can do it x

Its about 20lbs

Gail did you still have an evening meal when you did slimfast? I'm thinking about doing the milk diet, its worth a go!!

Lipotrim hun, that makes you loose alot, or milk diet as you said x

NEDebz said:
Gail did you still have an evening meal when you did slimfast? I'm thinking about doing the milk diet, its worth a go!!

Hi
I did slimfast breakfast & lunch
Then I had a nice big juicy salad for tea
And couldn't believe I stuck to it lol
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

20lbs is a lot hun...
Drink lots of water - no fizzy drinks, juices, alcohol, etc.
Cut out carbs
Eat more lean protein then add veg and fruit
Drink a strong black coffee on a morning to boost energy levels, then spend as much time possible getting exercise - walking, dancing while doing housework, etc. Use the wii if you have one, if not check out the fitness channel on sky.
I haven't tried it, but maybe you could try the pre-op milk diet (look on BOSPA website)
Do not stop eating or your body will panic and you'll not lose anything.
Good luck..... x :cross:

If it was me I would go down the slimfast route.
Water on waking in the morning
Tea with a tiny splash of skimmed milk and sweeteners if you want
Slimfast for breakfast
More tea (it counts as your water intake)
More water
Lunch Slimfast again
more water and tea during the afternoon. Nothing else.
then for the evening meal
Steamed fish or grilled fish, I like kippers, smoked haddock, hake and cod.
Never fry it or even show it a frying pan lol.
Have with that some steamed veg, cauli, cabbage, carrots, runner beans etc. Eat it dry if you can, dont be tempted to put anything on it at all because even low fat/low sugar versions of sauces still have carbs and other things that you dont want in your system at the mo.
Remember that it doesn't matter if you dont enjoy your meals at the moment, because you are on a mission.
Consider it a job that has to be done.
Drink loads of water, I drink flavoured still water from Lidl. It is lovely stuff and not expensive.
The milk diet is a good option too but slimfast and a meal is great if you want to have the satisfaction of having eaten something.
Good luck.
Lynne x

The milk diet is to shrink the liver for surgery and would leave you feeling ill if you do it for too long,go low fat and carbs,plenty of water and veg no bananas.

Thanks girls, I was advised my a nurse at the hospital to do the milk diet, although I've altered it slightly. So I'm having 2pints of s/s milk, 2 fat free yoghurt, 3 pieces of fruit, and a plate of salad that is literally just lettuce, cue, toms & celery. This way I'm still having one 'meal' a day so fingers crossed it wont shock my body too much while still eating so few calories that the weight drops off!!

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.
Lynne x

Back