• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd appointment does that mean i have funding?

mrscinders

i have my 2nd appoinment in may were the doctors are going to speak to me about my medical history also i get a weightloss target set at this time too so does that mean i have funding ? just wanted to know if anyone else knows thanks:)

Under my trust you have to go through all the appointments, lose weight, get MDT approval, meet the surgeon and then funding is applied for.

With other trusts, to get an appointment means you already have funding.

Sorry I cant be of help. Fingers crossed that you already have funding :) xxx

Hi if your through Sunderland you have funding in place as soon as you are given a date for seminar :) x x x

omg really thats great news thanks suzie i have a big grin on my face now lol x

omg really thats great news thanks suzie i have a big grin on my face now lol x
Hi MrsC, are you at Sunderland or James Cook? have you been to the seminar which gives info on all of the surgery options? if so, your next appointment will be with the MDT team where they will ask you lots of q's on your eating habits etc to determine which surgery will be best for you. if you are identified as having issues with food you may be referred to the phycologist before you go any further. the dietician will set you a WL target for your next appointment. In my experience at this stage with SRH you wont see a doctor, only nurses, who are very helpful, I must say!

You def have funding if you have got to this stage, or you wouldn't have been given any appointments, so congrats - you are now on the wls journey!

Good luck
xxx

hi lynne im having im with sunderland hospital and carnt wait lol

issues with food can i ask what types lol as i have a huge one i eat when im upset i eat when im happy im just eater lol i like to feel full otherwise i binge a lot

issues with food can i ask what types lol as i have a huge one i eat when im upset i eat when im happy im just eater lol i like to feel full otherwise i binge a lot

I think that probably all of us do here.... Infact I reckon that there's no one here that cant lose weight, our biggest problem is we lose it and it bloody finds us again, usually through greed and emotional reasons BOTH of which are an addiction that is seen as nothing other than self-indulgence by many ppl!

Good luck on your exciting journey xxx

thanks yes iv lost loads of weight in the past but i tend to put double back on iv tried all the diets and pills but none work forever with me xx

thanks yes iv lost loads of weight in the past but i tend to put double back on iv tried all the diets and pills but none work forever with me xx

Same as you chick!! I've now decided (at my biggest ever) that I am not doing the whole YOYO scenario any more! Jan 2012 is start of my new life :) and same for lots of others inc you xx

Last edited:
do you mean jan 2012 ? and yes i know new year new me new you new life x

lol

Back