• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will I have to apply for funding again?

Gerry

Some of you may remember that I was due to have my op in Jan 2009. The op was postponed as they needed to carry out tests. Had a pre-op appointment and was told I'd hear from them with regard to the tests. 18 months went by, GP chased up, I phoned....nothing. I'd got lost in the system somewhere. Well I guess when they were having a sort out, they found me again as I recently got a letter through for an outpatient appointment, although doesn't say what for. Initially I wasn't going to bother, but now coming round to the idea that I have nothing to loose by going along. Anyhow, what I'm worried about is that as it's a different financial year, will I have to re-apply for my funding? I got it in 2008 but nothing happened, and I'm wondering because of the time lapse if they will want me to apply again. Anyone else have any kind of delay like this and had to re-apply? Or does anyone know how it works?

Many thanks.

oo gosh i dont know, i would like to think as its been accepted before it would still stand for now...... lets hope so!! and because you ve got your outpatients letter that shows a good chance of you still have funding, fingers crossed xx

I wouldn't have thought you'd have to re-apply, you've waited patiently for an appointment like they told you to. Its there fault not yours, good luck xxx

Although i do get what you mean hmmmm could you phone the PCT and ask them there advice or telephone the hospital where you will have your OP and see what they say, good luck xxx

No idea sorry, but wanted to say helloooo, its nice to see you back posting :)

Even if you do don't worry. I applied for funding three years previous to my op and because my family didn't support me I decided not to go through with it. Three years later and a couple of stone heavier I reapplied for funding and got accepted and surgery within 6 months. I truely believe it was so quick because I had previously been allocated the funding. Hope if you do have to reapply the same thing happens for you xxx

Not really no, anyone in particular you're looking for? x You've been gone that long I've had a baby and he's nearly 9 months old!

Not really no, anyone in particular you're looking for? x You've been gone that long I've had a baby and he's nearly 9 months old!

:eek: OMG Congratulations!!!! Well I said it was about 18 months since they last bothered to contact me, so that would be about right as I don't recall you being pregnant last time I came on here. I've been on the dieting forums on and off but not really on here.

Wasn't looking for anyone in particular, just wondered if any of them still came here other than yourself.

Thank you :) Falling pregnant at 8 months post op wasn't ideal lol but all was healthy and I have a gorgeous baby boy :)

Nic (phatgirl) and Carole (HopelessCase) still come on fairly regularly, we had a brief update from Ali (Alliecat) a little while back to say she is expecting too. None of the other oldies are still around though! Me, I'm like a bad smell :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Good luck Gerry, do hope that your original funding will be honoured, I don't know how this works with time lapses such as this... but if you have been agreed once, you certainly should be able to revisit and discuss again...

Please keep us posted...

Love and hugs coming your way! xxx

Thanks Bev. I think my GP would support me anyway, and it's hardly my fault that they didn't get back to me. My GP has it in my notes that I told him they had not been in touch, and he wrote to them which they again didn't respond to, so the fault lies with them not me. Unfortunately I don't have any evidence of my calls to them (but would dig out my phone bills if it comes to it).

Having read the thread where another WLS hopeful has been told the criteria have changed, I really hope they haven't done that in my area. It's a worry to everyone, on top of everything I've already been through.

Will report back after I've had the outpatient appointment in September.

Reactions: Bev
Hi Gerry,
I am keeping everything crossed for good news for you and always here if you need any encouragement...
It's not your fault if your paperwork was completed and I do wish you well.
Much love Bev xxx

Back