• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I have funding North Tees?

Fatnnotsohappy

Hi all I am attending a seminar at North Tees Hospital on 22 August does this mean I have funding or do they decide later?

Also anybody been down this route with NT as it is fairly new to gastric surgery, I have been told takes about 6 months, any news on NT would be appreciated.

Anybody please

Oh right thanks for that

Hi Durhamlass you were correct funding is in place just got to show commiyment from now on, which I will

You go girl. All the best x

Hi Caroline I was at meeting sat at the back in blue, I have lost a bit and have my next appointment with Nurse Sarah on 4th September, do you have yours?

Hi fatnotsohappy. Yes mine is on the 14th and is with the same nurse as you. I have lost a stone since I was referred by GP but only 2.5 since the seminar. Will have lost more by the time I have my appointment but don't know what they use as starting weight? Hoping I can loose it quick and get on the waiting list ASAP. Were you sat in the middle of that back row facing the front? I was sat next to a husband and wife in the first few seats near the door. How are you feeling about it all? I'm excited, scared and impatient! Just want it done now...there is a meet up in costa coffee in Durham on the 15th at 11am...I'm going along to meet some people who have had it done a few weeks ago. You should come along if you can x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Caroline yes that was me on back row I hope to have lost a stone by my appointment on the 4th as I think Dr Gopinath will look favourably on that.
Feeling all that but really know I need this now, I am going to meet look forward to seeing you please let me know who you are as I have a terrible memory, good luck keep going till 14th I will let you know what happens.
Toby

Hi Caroline had appointment with Nurse Sarah and dietician I had lost 9.4kilos so can move on, Nurse Sarah said I would be brought up at MDT meeting and would get an appointment from then to see Dr Gopinath, all looking good see you on 15th.

That's fantastic toby...well done you. Bev from our group said she had seen someone there who had lost 9kg and i wondered if it was you! Doing ok...weigh in is tomorrow. I'm away with work at moment but been really good with food and been swimming a couple of times so fingers crossed for another couple of lbs. I will have lost just over half my target by the time I go so hoping they will get me booked in for next appointment as well. Don't want to wait the 3 months!!!! Keep me posted and will let you know how my appointment goes (14th) when I see you next day. Well done again xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks Caroline and well done keep going and you will get next appointment.

I meant to ask the girl I was sat with her name and I forgot to tell her about the meet on the 15th.

Hi I'm going to the seminar on the 10th oct shud I start diet now or wait till I been as I'm worried that if I lose weight now I might drop below 40 bmi.

Hi big-d don't worry about that it is the bmi taken by your GP on refferal at the seminar you will be weighed and given an amount to lose, usually 5% of your excess weight so not too bad. I had lost 2.2 kilos from referral to seminar and Doctor was pleased so I had less to lose of the 5%
Hope it goes well.
Toby

Caroline when we were weighed at the seminar I said I had lost 2.2kg since GP referral and
when Nurse Sarah gave me my target to lose I said had they taken in to account what I had lost she said yes they had, so worth asking that at your appointment.
Good luck Toby.

Cheers Toby will u keep in touch about how ur appointments go pls and good luck. X

Thanks big-d will let you know when I get next appointment.

Back