• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd Fills

looking forward

I'm due my second fill next Friday. I didn't get good restriction with the first fill.

Now while I want good restriction I don't want it so tight its uncomfortable.
Last time they put in 2mls which felt too tight , so she took out one.I have regretted that as since then I feel like I have almost no restriction at all.

I really want to make sure this one is right
Any Advice?

When I had my 1st fill of 5ml in a 9ml band I felt really good restriction. After only 1 week the restriction got less and I had to have my 2nd fill 4 weeks after my 1st. This time they put 7.5 ml in and the restriction is tight. I felt it was too much but now I'm glad its tight because I can't eat anything solid and I'm having to be sooo careful. I have reasoned with this and this is why I had the band, to help me control my eating habits. I don't know what to advise really as everyone is different. How big is your band?? Maybe if they just half fill it you'll get good restriction without it being too tight. I'm sure Liz or Caz will be along soon to help you because I've just waffled on lol. Good luck with your fillxx

Thanks Gaynor.

I'm just concerned as I have struggled since the last one, I feel I could almost eat anything.I have had to use self control. Lets face it if I could do that long term I wouldn't have needed surgery.

When you had your 2nd fill , and had a drink of water did it feel hard to swallow.That's what happened on my first so they took out 1ml.

I have a 14ml band and now have 7mls in it.I'm thinking now even if it feels a bit tight at the time I'll let them leave it in so I can get restriction and move the weight quicker.

So you're already half fill?. I personally think its better to be tight because then you've got no choice and don't have to rely on self control. I know the band is a tool to help us but even though the 1st week has been hard with such tight restriction I'm getting used to it now. When they did my 1st fill the drink was backing up in my throat so they took a little out. My 2nd fill was the same but I told them it was ok so they'd leave all the saline in.Glad I did too as this week I've started losing again.where as I was gaining and sticking before.

being tight is uncomfy yes but only when eating the wrong foods for the restriction level at the time, its all a learning curve and being tight can be worked around when learnt x

I hated the tightness at 1st, because I had been practically eating what ever I wanted and nothing got stuck it was a shock when foods started sticking and me having to vomit it back. Now I'm only having soups,slimfasts and soft foods like mash with fish in sauce.x

thats good gaynor, but dont become dependant on sliders because "real" foods hurt, as this can also cause lack of weight loss x

thats right gaynor its trial and error see what u can and cant tollerate x

gaynor everyones tums are diff my sis cant tollerate mash but i can, i cant tollerate crackers she can we all unique hun x

btw my sis is a bander 2 x

liz x

good morning everyone
I had my 1st fil 2 wks ago and had 3mls put in my 1o ml band. while on liqs felt ok but when moved on to sloppy and solids i can eat loads and feel really hungry. got another fill this weekend so fingers crossed. i have lost 1lb but on different scales so hoping for another.
saying that any loss is better than no at all or a gain. i will let you know how i get on.
ps.i checked out your daily eating diary and omg i eat sooo much more than you all.

Thanks guys.

Gaynor like you said I'm going to persevere with a tight fill this time.

Good luck TW with your second fill, cant wait for mine.

Liz, I suppose it will take time to get used to the band.I'm so willing to work with the band, just lately I've felt like I was slipping back into old habits, that got me here in the first place.
:confused::confused::confused:

need for fills does not have a time limit its when your body tells you that you need a fill, learn to listen to what your body tells you x

Back