• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight on :(

coralie

I'm feeling a bit worried about my weight, and the fact that i have put ON weight!

Start of Pre-op: 17st 2lbs

Gastric Band Op: 16st 8lbs

3 weeks post-op: 16st

5 weeks post-op: 15st 13lbs

Today: 16st

I have my first fill next Saturday and am in need of it!
I have been told that i probably won't have any restriction until my 2nd or 3rd fill, as the WLS Group only do little and often fills.

It worries me that potentially i might not have any restriction for another 6 weeks....I don't want to stay at 16st, and i really don't want to put on any more.

I'm hungry!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Try and eat sensible things that will help you maintain or lose until you have good restriction. You have done really well so dont be too hard on yourself, just get back on track, and follow a sensible diet .
Have lots of sips of fluids as well that will help you feel full.
Good luck

Jay xx

Hi Coralie, you've done well so well - particularly as you've not had any restriction. Putting any weight on at all can take the sunshine out of your day - but it's only a pound. This could be due to water retention or anything. Good luck for your fill.

Best wishes to you x

Hi there,

I would really not worry about a 1lb, there are going to be times where you might gain, it happens.

I put back 7lbs over a period of time just after first fill but it's all gone and more.

I keep reminding us lovely banders that it is the bigger picture you need to look at. Just think what your loss will be in 6 months, 9 months or a year.

I know it's hard at the start but don't loose faith, it will work, as you get good restricition you will see.:)

Hi

I'm 1 week post op after banding and have been led to believe that the first few weeks post op are all about the healing process and any weight lost is good the next few weeks and months or once restriction is applied will make all the difference I'm sure. Try not to worry just stay positive and think about the long term benefits you will gain.

Thanks all,

I know i need to be more patient!! :)

Its hard to see the big picture when i have paid out lots of money and it feels like i'm doing this alone at the moment! The scales are my worst enemy, i'm a slave to them, which is not very mentally healthy!

I will attempt to cut down on portion sizes...but its hard when i feel hungry!

Roll on fill day! :)

hi coralie your doing fab ive just read your other post about no period that surely could be contributing to your lack of loss at the min as well as needing your first fill (have u done a pregnancy test ) i have just been reading a thread on another forum a girl on there is a few weeks post op and has just found out she is pregnant and probably was when they operated!!!! but shes fine xxxheather

Hi Coralie

I agree with Heather, it could be your lack of period or maybe your pregnant? Other than that make sure you are not relying on slider foods to fill you up, which wont.

Speak to Coleen about what you are eating although Wendy will go through it with you when you have your fill appointment!

Its only a pound but I know how much you want to get below the 16's - just remember its early days and although WLSG prefer smaller fills I had 3 mills put in my 9 mill band for my first fill. Take advantage of your aftercare!

Maz x

Hi coralie, I wouldnt sweat 1lb on at all. I know its the most frustrating thing in the worls waiting for the fill but you just have to think - ive lost 13 lbs already wooo! xx

Maybe you could leave your scales with a friend until a few weeks after your fill. Most dieters get to hate the scales, the once a week weigh in is very stressful.....

Good luck x

Well, I'm not pregnant! Just fat and moody!! :) He He!

I have been keeping away from slider foods, so that i feel fuller for longer...but i was eating more carbs, for the first time in a long time, as i have always been a serial lowcarber. Perhaps this wasn't helping?

I'm craving sugar and hopefully retaining water from waiting a looong time for TOM...we will see....

Back