• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Posted for a while!!!!

jinkles

Hi all. It's been quite a while since I have posted, and I have to say I have lapsed quite a bit. I have not lost any weight for 8 weeks!!!!!

I have had my 2nd band fill and can honestly say I have noooooo restriction at all. I had restriction initially and a little more directly after my 1st fill, then since my second fill I felt as if I hadn't had the band in at all. I am struggling with food on a daily basis as I am not satisfied when I have eaten.
I really do not know what to do. I am due to go back for a check up in 1 month and my surgeon is expecting me to have lost another stone!!!
I am still sticking to smaller portions only having meals on a small sandwich plate, and am mainly sticking to a protein and veg diet, but am craving carbs all the time!!!

Hi Jinkles and well done on your loss so far!

I'm still on sloppies at the moment so havent had a fill yet. You say that you are sticking to small portions but are not satisfied, do you think you are having enough protein in each meal.

Only other things I can suggest are increasing your activity which should kick start you loosing again or try and bring forward your appointment.

Good luck and I hope you start loosing again soon!

Maz x

Hi all. It's been quite a while since I have posted, and I have to say I have lapsed quite a bit. I have not lost any weight for 8 weeks!!!!!

I have had my 2nd band fill and can honestly say I have noooooo restriction at all. I had restriction initially and a little more directly after my 1st fill, then since my second fill I felt as if I hadn't had the band in at all. I am struggling with food on a daily basis as I am not satisfied when I have eaten.
I really do not know what to do. I am due to go back for a check up in 1 month and my surgeon is expecting me to have lost another stone!!!
I am still sticking to smaller portions only having meals on a small sandwich plate, and am mainly sticking to a protein and veg diet, but am craving carbs all the time!!!
Hi jinkles, i like you am struggling at the moment, but just do your best to stick with it. I find my biggest problem at the moment is the feeling of hunger between meals and as i know that i have restriction i just have to get my head around this before i have any further band fills.

I havent had surgery yet jinkles but is it worth phoning your bariatric team and asking them if there could be a problem with your restriction Seems odd you feel none at all and it must be awful struggling to try and stick to your eating programme
Good luck with it Jinkles hope you get it sorted.
Maybe some of the veteran banders may be able to help you with it

Jay xx

hi jinkles it sounds to me like they havent given you enough fill yet, what size band do you have and how much fill does it have in at this point ?

phone your providor and express your concerns as it sounds like you need that extra fill to give the restriction you desperatly need.

liz x

Yup like Liz has said give them a call as it doesnt sound as if you have enough restriction. Hope the weight starts shifting again soon

Sorry to hear your struggling at the min, but like the others say give your provider a call, You have done well so far with your weightloss so well done there.
Stay stong and focused and I hope your weight starts to drop off again real soon(((Hugs))) x

Hi Jinkles,

Don't struggle honey, get on to your provider and tell them what is going on. It does sound like you need another fill.

I got mine brought forward for the same reasons as you, felt I could eat too much on unsatisfied.

They were more than willing to see me sooner and the third fill has given me near perfect restriction. One more and I reckon I will be at the sweetspot.

Go on give them a call and good luck ;):)

hi jinkles, haven't got any advice, but lovely to see you posting :)

Thanks Jinkles :)

Back