• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd Gastric Balloon

Hi Paisley

In answer to your question yes it is possible to request a second balloon but the first balloon has to come out and you have to give it a week before the 2nd balloon is inserted,but i know some bariatric surgeons use the balloon as weight loss help towards getting a band or bypass,such as in my case as my liver was too fatty and my surgery was unsuccessful.
But i have seen on here that people have had positive results with 1 balloon and havent needed or wanted further weight loss help.

Oops just seen on another thread you have already had your second balloon fitted,misread your thread sorry.lol

Last edited:
Hi Ava

Its going good thanx,i went back for my checkup last week and i was told if i want to go for surgery again i have to try and loose a further 2st in the next 2 months,that is 1 month before the balloon is due to come out,so i can plan for the balloon coming out and surgery as soon as possible after then.
I am just going to try my best and see what happens,then make a decision.

Hows it going with you,are you happy with your achievement so far,you have done really well.

Di xx

Hi Di, Yes happy with the progress re weight as it has made a big difference to my shape.
I am finding it hard with a lot of foods as keep saying cant eat anything with high fats,it turns my stomach immediately maybe my ballon is allergic, funny though have introduced nuts which are high fat and can eat about 4/6(which i do x 2 a day) before getting full.
Your doing great,can you eat most things?
ava

A big hands up to anyone who managed to have balloon fitted 'cos I tried & failed!!!!!!!!!!!

Back