• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any Success Stories

tizzy9

Hi

I am thinking of having a gastric balloon and want to know if anyone has has success with the balloon???

Thanks

Hi tiz
I lost 10 stone in 9 months with a balloon ive just had my sleeve so another 17 to loose then im done when u get it you will vomit a lot for the first 6 weeks then take it easy and keep going it will be long and hard but worth it in the end

Hi Bigun

Did you have to go on any diet pre surgery???

I am ringing up for an information pack next week and to talk to a clinic.

Hi tiz
No pre op diet as a balloon sits in the stomach to fill it up and after i was on yogurts fuild then 5-6 small meals aday

Hi

I am thinking of having a gastric balloon and want to know if anyone has has success with the balloon???

Thanks

Hi, I am 6 weeks in, didn't have the vomiting issues. Was sick for two days only. Have a 12 month spatz balloon and so far have lost over a stone and a half.

Rose

U will loose fast at the start but it will slow down i lost 3 stone in 7 weeks then it slowed down then i started walking and lost another 7 in 8months all good now

Rose

U will loose fast at the start but it will slow down i lost 3 stone in 7 weeks then it slowed down then i started walking and lost another 7 in 8months all good now

Yes, am aware of that so I opted for a 12 month balloon. I have three and a half stone to loose in total and previous to this have never been overweight. I am very happy with my balloon. It is very much a tool for me. I can eat as much as I wish . And whatever I wish. The balloon just makes it easier to say no. I spent two years researching it prior to getting it done and chose to go to the UK and pay twice the price rather than have it done in Ireland because of the package and support program. Good luck whatever you decide. It works well for some, not so well for others.

Yes, am aware of that so I opted for a 12 month balloon. I have three and a half stone to loose in total and previous to this have never been overweight. I am very happy with my balloon. It is very much a tool for me. I can eat as much as I wish . And whatever I wish. The balloon just makes it easier to say no. I spent two years researching it prior to getting it done and chose to go to the UK and pay twice the price rather than have it done in Ireland because of the package and support program. Good luck whatever you decide. It works well for some, not so well for others.

No worries like i said i lost 10 with a balloon no have had a sleeve so i cant fall back to old habbits

It looks like this isnt going to happen as my out of pocket costs will be 7500 :sigh:

That's really high! Mine was not even close to that including my travel and hotel, have you shopped around? You can get it for less than 2 k in Belgium, around three in the UK. I paid 5 for the spatz.

Yea, I paid four and a half in Dublin!

That's Euro cb4 yes? So about 3700 sterling? Not sure where you are based tilly but there are cheaper options out there. Hope you find something suitable.

Back