• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 DAYS TO GO - YIKES!!

genevive57

well guys, its sunday today and i am having my sleeve op on thursday morning. i am on day 11 of my very low carb diet and managing ok [even though i am meticulously following the diets portion size i still think i'm eating too much] so, not holding my breath on having lost any more weight.
i've been extremelty tearful this morning and i don't know why? my poor hubby n son can say nothing to console me, i feel like a right drama queen. i know i should be happy and i truly appreciate how lucky i am getting my op funded by the nhs and my journey from initial seminar to op being only 10 weeks seems ridiculous - especially when i know how lots of you wonderful and deserving folks have trouble getting funding and have to wait months and even years for an operation.
i'm still stupidly and selfishly asking myself if i'm doin the right thing? will i really be able to cope on such small meals for the rest of my life etc??
i'm usually a very organised person but today i can't even motivate myself to start packing my bag for hospital which, i had promised myself to do this weekend. what the hell's wrong with me?
sorry to be a moaning minnie but i had to vent my feeling somewhere and i apologise now for acting like a selfish cow - i'm honestly not usually like this.:( :wave_cry::cry::eek:

Hi

Please try not to worry.
I had my op (sleeve) just over 9 months ago. Like you I loved my food but too much. Eating for me in the end was an obsession.
The pre op diet is extremely tough and challenging. It's normal to feel tearful...the night before my op I was in floods of tears wondering if I too was making the right decision.
I've never looked back and don't regret having surgery for one minute :) my confidence is sky high now, I feel healthier and can still eat the things I like but in tiny amounts.
I'm sure you won't regret it :) xx

hey Jan, its totally normal to feel this way :) Its a massive op and such a dramatic life change, its only to be expected. I'm go9ing to be bricking it when its my turn lol
good luck mate, its the start of a lovely healthy, happy and slimmer you :) xxx

Ull be fine Hun its normal to have doubts and worrys it's a big op n it doesn't stop there it's the way of life for the rest of ur life but just think its gonna be a happy healthy fun packed long life :) x n as for only waiting 9 wks worry not I believe things happen for a reason n that was ur time grab it with both hands everybody whos obese deserves this op just sum wait longer than others I've waited aprox 3yrs but don't resent them that wait wks mths ect I believe I was ment yo wait as I now no alot more I'm more prepared I'm healthier n happier n approx 6 st lighter :) so worry not Hun u deserve this op u will be fine n summer u will be much slimmer much healthier n happier xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

THANKS YOU SOOOHH MUCH

thank you sooohhh much guys for your very supportive and wise responses. no one understands us wls 'folk' quite like other wls 'folk' do they?
i've given myself a stern talking to, i have dried my eyes and have started looking for my overnight bag [can't find the flippin thing tho!!] - probably staring me in the face so i'm gonna make a coffee n start t olook again.
hey ho onwards and upwards.
i luvs ya all n if i won the lottery i would gladly pay for some of you guys who are having to wait such a long time for your ops

Good luck jan you will be fine I sent you a pm everything is gonna go smoothly and good luck for Friday denise you will be fine too xxxxx

Sorry you've been having a bad day but glad to see you're feeling better. Sounds completely normal hun but I'm sure you won't regret it x

Back