• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One of the Walsall Posse

Thats what I meant, first from russells hall under Dr Labib. See everything goes with the weightloss ............. pmsl.

bloody hell thers no hope for me then s my brain is like a sieve now, there'll be nothing left after my op lol

Hey Lesley, I've just realised - 24 May is a Sunday, so presumably you mean Tuesday 26 May - in which case I will be there on the same day!!! What time is your appt? Mine is 6.15pm. If you're a similar time we could meet up if you like! Best wishes, Lorna
Sorry Lorna - i'm in at 3.45 it would have been nice to see you maybe we'll get round to it (lets hope we're in together) i'll keep you posted on what he says!!!

Hi again Lesley,

If you are on any meds now, you will need to tell WM, if you haven't already done so. Whilst in hospital the phamacist will ensure you have all the meds prepared correctly for your discharge, including anything you need to have in drop format. ie. my anti-depressants were prepared in drop format as bypassers can't have solid tablets for a month (maybe longer, although long-time bypassers now report being able to rake tablets except Ibuprofen & Aspirin which are not allowed).

You will be given a carrier bag full of your meds upon discharge which includes:

Zoton Fastab - to reduce/eliminate harmful stomach acid
Adcal- D3 - Calcium & Vitamin D3 chewable tablets
Clexane syringes - anti-clotting agent
Dalivit - vitamin drops (yuk, and then some)
Paracetamol
+ any other meds you are already on.

You will also be given a week's supply of Fortimel protein drink.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for that - i'm on quite a few meds for high blood pressure and anti-depressants etc. Yes the nurse on my pre-op assessment told me what tablets to stop before my op so i'm ok with that. My god it's a wonder you all don't rattle with all that extra medication haha - oh well at least i'm getting myself well and truly prepared

Hello everyone, just thought I'd pop by and say what a great forum. I was referred to Dr khan back in Oct 2008 and due to having IIH and some other health problems I was offered a cancellation and got to see him in Jan.

Most of my pre-op checks were done at my local hospital, but I go to see the nurse this coming Tues and the anaethetist the following Tues.

I've not been given a date yet but they rang and asked me to start the pre-op diet, which I have now been on for almost two weeks.

I just wondered if anyone else has had problems with the administration at Walsall Manor? The reason I ask is because I have had several appointments cancelled with little or no notice or appintments changed without telling me, meaning we travelled a fair distance on the wrong day more than once. I even at one point flew back early from my fathers funeral in Spain for an appointment, to find a letter telling me that it had been changed, so I didn't go, only to then get several women ringing me over the following two days wanting to know why, even though they had cancelled the apointment in the first place.

I guess I'm panicking over nothing but am scared stiff about this op and worrying because the hospital seem to be so laid back about the administration, which in turn worrys me about the actual treatment you receive when there.

It would be good to chat to someone that has already been through this.

Bonita
x

Hi Bonita and :welcome: to the Minis madhouse.

I am afraid the admin at WM does let the side down somewhat. Some of us have been forgotten, had files duplicated, had funding Letters sent to the wrong PCT etc.

Hop over to the Walsall Massssiiiive thread, which is where the WM gang hang out. We also welcome anyone else too! lol!

chuckles does that mean he was a virgin

Back