• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One of the Walsall Posse

topsy

:) Hi-my name is Lesley and i am waiting for my op date at Walsall Manor too. Was referred and saw Dr Khan last September have had pre-op assessments and will see the anaethetist on Tuesday 24th May and just keeping everything crossed that my op is in June.

I have been reading your messages for weeks know and you have all given me inspiration and lots of smiles:) - i think you are incredibly brave, mad and courageous!! I feel a bit shy and i'm not sure i'm even doing this right!!! so i hope it does and i can get to know you all too

HiYa Topsy,:welcome2:
You won't regret it, well maybe sometimes, but generally not.
good luck with the anesthetist!

Hiya Topsy. Welcome to Mini's hun. Theres loads of us walsall patients on here at various stages. Jump in and get to know everyone xx

Hi Topsy
welcome to Minis....like Sam said there are quite a few of us who have been or are in the process of going through WLS at Walsall.

Feel free to ask any questions...........Good luck!

Hi Topsy - Walsall Manor patient here too!! Welcome to the mad house!

It has taken a while for you hasn't it, if you saw Mr Khan in September!! I saw him in November and thought it had taken a long time for my process - funding, preop dates etc. However I had a blip in the middle with a funding issue (sorted now) so had a good reason!!! My anaesthetist preop is 26 May, just after you! Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

Lorna

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes - what medication do you need to take after surgery?

Also how do you get all the fancy graphics added to your messages???

hi and welcome enjoy. Good luck with your app

Ali

Hi again Lesley,

If you are on any meds now, you will need to tell WM, if you haven't already done so. Whilst in hospital the phamacist will ensure you have all the meds prepared correctly for your discharge, including anything you need to have in drop format. ie. my anti-depressants were prepared in drop format as bypassers can't have solid tablets for a month (maybe longer, although long-time bypassers now report being able to rake tablets except Ibuprofen & Aspirin which are not allowed).

You will be given a carrier bag full of your meds upon discharge which includes:

Zoton Fastab - to reduce/eliminate harmful stomach acid
Adcal- D3 - Calcium & Vitamin D3 chewable tablets
Clexane syringes - anti-clotting agent
Dalivit - vitamin drops (yuk, and then some)
Paracetamol
+ any other meds you are already on.

You will also be given a week's supply of Fortimel protein drink.

Hope this helps.

Hey Lesley, I've just realised - 24 May is a Sunday, so presumably you mean Tuesday 26 May - in which case I will be there on the same day!!! What time is your appt? Mine is 6.15pm. If you're a similar time we could meet up if you like! Best wishes, Lorna

Back