• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months post op

well its 3 months post op, and i still feel extremely huge. i know i have lost weight but has anyone experienced this feeling of feeling big, even though u have lost some weight! My start weight was 25 stone 8 and now today i weigh in at 21 stone 4! Is this a normal weightloss for little over 3 months post gastric bypass. i feel i should have lost more! HELPPPPPP, confused!

ur doing fab!, be proud of youself. I'm 12 wks post bypass on tuesday and lost 4 stone inc pre op, so I hope its good enough lol, I think no matter how fast we lose the weight it wont ever be fast enough, but I am hoping at the steady pace I'm going will hopefully mean less loose skin??? maybe or am I wishful thinking. Keep doing what ur doing cause its working xx

i still feel big :( and am not looking forward to going back to work on monday because of it x i know what you mean although we've lost weight it doesn't seem enough :( i think after the first surge it's slowed down so much we can't feel the loss any more x

Thanks for all your support guys, it is true about allowing the brain to catch up! I can see in pictures, but the physical reflection still seems different!

I think you're spot on with your weight loss. Remember the whole picture. How long did you take to gain all this weight. I'd like mine to disappear over night but it's not going to. It doesn't matter how slowly it comes off, it's hopefully off for good this time.

Kate x

I know the feeling, im going through the exact same thing as you, im 12 weeks post op and just short of the 4 stone mark..... i thought i would of lost loads more by now.
I guess as others have said that we will have less loose skin this way??

Hi Annie you are doing extremely well. everyone is different with there weight losses.. some slow, some fast, some plateu now and then... You have to not compare yourself to anybody else... yes we are going through the same journey, but ur bodies are different... keep up with what you are doing hun... your doing great. xx
As for looking big.. your head takes a lot longer to come to terms with that fact your body has got lighter.... it will catch up xxx

You are doing great hun but I know where you are coming from I started losing weight in May 2011 and I had my op in Oct 2011 in totally I have lost 10st 4lbs and I still feel fat and I can't tell that I have lost any yeah I have gone from a size 32/34 to a 24/26 but I still feel fat so I know what you mean I think your head is so used to us being big it won't get used to the change. But well done you are doing great xx

Our heads are funny things. I can put something on and look in the mirror and think yuk you big fattie. But if i'm walking along the road and casually catch a glimpse of me unexpected my head don't get chance and the impulsive voice says 'whoooop whooop you sexy momma'...

Take regular pics of yourselves, i used to stand in front of the living room door so i could see the difference in how much room my body took up....

Myself and a lot of other wls peeps say inside us there will always be a fat girl, but we don't have to look at her forever xxx

Back