• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks no weight loss

tpt

Uber geek
<rant mode>

Seriously!!!! I had for 2 weeks gone up & down 3lbs but now just stabilised. I have had a few bouts of food getting stuck to severe pain followed by regurgitating and yesterday I dumped big stylee...had some fish & baked beans - HP beans and they must have had too much sugar in. Not good as hubby's mates are staying and I am hogging the bathroom for an hour making all kinds of crazy noises....:mad:

Anyway - usually I am a very matter-or-fact kind of person but now I am quetioning my judgement. 10.5k which could have bought me a new Harley spent on an op which quite frankly seems to be more of a problem at the moment than a solution.

No, I don't calorie, fat, or protien count. I don't have a lifestyle to support that and i can't be arsed. I mail over my diet sheet every week to the dietitian who says it is fine. And yes I know, the less you have to lose the slower you lose it, I know all that. I am entitiled however to be a little peeved that for 3 weeks at 5 weeks post op I have stabilised for so long.

</rant mode over>

has your body gone into starvation mode??? was talking to my dietician and she said your body can do it, it's fighting tooth and nail to hang onto what it's got, but she said to persevere with it and the results will come, don't be down, you've done so well already, and i agree a new harley or gastric bypass....especially in your predicament is a no brainer....but seriously, it'll all come good, you know it will ;)

Thanks Mark - I am such a logical persona and I *know* it will sort itself out, but I can't help feeling a little self indulgent in my fed up mood today. I am not in starvation mode as my energy has returned, I am eating enough and drinking plenty.

<wanders off kicking invisible stones with hands in pockets...>

Hey TPT i know how frustrate you feel I have gone up and down and been at the same weight for the last 2 weeks and I am only 4 weeks post op. I have had exactly the same things going through my mind. keep your chin up x

It is tough when you don't have instant success with something as drastic as wls but you will see that you made the right choice in the end. I have a friend who in the first month post-op had only 2 weeks of loss. She was really discouraged but now she has lost something like 4 stone (I think she is 10 weeks or so out now) and she feels and looks fantastic. Every person has their own version of the wls journey, no one story is ever exactly the same. Just keep doing it the way your professionals have advised and you will find yourself fitter, thinner and very happy in no time at all. Keep your chin up, your body will fall in line and get the message soon that you want to burn your fat stores soon, I promise you. Eat as much healthy foods as you can, drink all the time and you can't help but lose pounds eventually.

Nic;)

Hi TPT

Could it possibly be too many carbs and not enough protein?

I hope you get it sorted soon, but as many others have said it just might be time for your body to accept it aint gettin any more.

(((hugs)))

Give yourself a slap round the head with a wet kipper!!You have lost 34lbs in 5 weeks that wont return again!!What good would the Harley do you if your weight had continued and you popped your clogs from high bp or a heart attack? That 10k was the best money you will ever spend on yourself!!

Hi TPT My weight did the same as you last week I hadnt lost for 2.5 weeks I was getting realy angry with myself, so I went out and bought the biggest drum of whey protein that I could find, strawberry & cream flavour I have one at elevenses and one about 8ish p.m the cost from tesco was £32.00 instead of £40.00 I put 1 x heaped scoop in 200g water. This size lasts just over 1 x month 67 servings so it works out £8.00 per week. But Guess what? I lost 4Lb this week. Dont dispare hang on in there. Gail P.S Ime 7 weeks post op;)

I've suffered the same plight and the same emotions and it's been about the same time. Interesting eh?

I've come back from hols and a load of other stuff and tried to beff up the protien and drink a lot more water and it's started moving again TG!

I was begining to think I'd made a huge mistake too, but then my trousers fell down. Oh yeah. On the move again, don't panic don't panic it'll be all right

Give yourself a slap round the head with a wet kipper!!You have lost 34lbs in 5 weeks that wont return again!!What good would the Harley do you if your weight had continued and you popped your clogs from high bp or a heart attack? That 10k was the best money you will ever spend on yourself!!

I lost that and plenty more by exercise last year - work prevents that now but I was never at a weight whereby my health was that badly effected (at just on 5'9 the largest I ever got was an 18 trousers). I opted for the op to ease my arthritic restrictions so that I can go back into training and to prevent me getting to the weight I reached this year.

Like I said, having paid all that money I think I am entitled to feel a little self-indulgent and feel disappointed in the lack of loss or the speed. Although logically one should not compare ones loss to others, it only natural to do so.

And that 34lbs was in 3 weeks not 5 and 14 of that was pre-op diet so in effect thus far its 10.5k for 20lb.

I lost that and plenty more by exercise last year - work prevents that now but I was never at a weight whereby my health was that badly effected (at just on 5'9 the largest I ever got was an 18 trousers). I opted for the op to ease my arthritic restrictions so that I can go back into training and to prevent me getting to the weight I reached this year.

Like I said, having paid all that money I think I am entitled to feel a little self-indulgent and feel disappointed in the lack of loss or the speed. Although logically one should not compare ones loss to others, it only natural to do so.

And that 34lbs was in 3 weeks not 5 and 14 of that was pre-op diet so in effect thus far its 10.5k for 20lb.

A bit harsh!...

A bit harsh!...

??How so??

iinklii & GM - I bought this tub of protein shake mix from Tesco - from the weight lifters / body builders section thingummy - you recommend I give that a go? I have asked my dietitian a few times and she has said I am getting enough protein due to the cheese & eggs I eat, but if it got you guys going, maybe I ought to give it a go.

Does is matter what type of protien shake powder it is?

I also wandered that as well but the girl on the desk seemed pretty clued up on it, It also has on the side of the drum a little skinny figure and states its for weight loss as well. The lady in the shop says you have 3 x catagories fat-protein-& carbs. The protein over-rides the carbs & fat or something similar to that anyway, no doubt if Ive got it wrong I dare say some one will let us know L.O.L Gail:D
??How so??

iinklii & GM - I bought this tub of protein shake mix from Tesco - from the weight lifters / body builders section thingummy - you recommend I give that a go? I have asked my dietitian a few times and she has said I am getting enough protein due to the cheese & eggs I eat, but if it got you guys going, maybe I ought to give it a go.

Does is matter what type of protien shake powder it is?

Hey TPT i know how frustrate you feel I have gone up and down and been at the same weight for the last 2 weeks and I am only 4 weeks post op. I have had exactly the same things going through my mind. keep your chin up x
Hey fuze - i'm waiting for my date for bypass with Mr Ammouri t Hope Hospital. Glad ur well.
x

Hi im a bander but i always eat protein, unless some mornings when i have a weetabix. i also use a protein supplement in my hot drinks. Its working for me. i eat lots of fish, chicken and cottage cheese and eggs.
Its worth considering your body is still healing so try not to be so hard on yourself. yes we all want to loose lbs and as quick as poss but as already mentioned on here everyone is diferent. perhaps have a quick tally up of your diet, you only need to do it once and maybe it might highlight something you can tweek.
Good luck for rest of your journey and no doubt over next few weeks your posts will be of joy!!

Has you doctor given you permission to burn off calories by exercising?

NO!!! I am positively banned from doing any! I have just recovered from bad bout of exhaustion so have to take it easy - I am waiting to start training again, and am itching to get back into the regime.

I will give the protein shake malarkey a go and see if that changes anything.

I am such an impatient sod, true Scorpio!

NO!!! I am positively banned from doing any! I have just recovered from bad bout of exhaustion so have to take it easy - I am waiting to start training again, and am itching to get back into the regime.

I will give the protein shake malarkey a go and see if that changes anything.

I am such an impatient sod, true Scorpio!

Hope you get results soon and your exhaustion ends soon.

tpt you have done so so well up to now dont worry it will all sort out.
As tinkywinky says try upping your protein and see if it helps,I think it is your body holding onto what you are eating to help combat the exhaustive phase your body has just been through.
As you know the body will hang on to the little it is getting to ensure energy stores.
Good luck, I am Scorpio too so know what you mean, however being an older Scorpio have learnt to be more patient the older I have become so there is hope for you yet lol

Jay xx

Back