• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nervous

julieann

hi all, just a couple of questions regarding weightloss surgery. I am having a gastric band in two weeks time and the majority of the time i feel really good about it and know that i have made the right decision, but every now and then i go into complete panic mode and start thinking what the hell have i done. I had to pay the balance yesterday and have felt really emotional since, so maybe its that feeling that there is no going back now. My other question is that i have concerns as to where mr sigurdsson is going to fit the port, do we have a choice as i noticed from other threads on here that you have all struggled to wear bras after the op and as i am big busted there is no way i can go bra less after the op.
sorry for the rant so early in the morning but needed to get these worries off my rather large chest excuse the pun xxx

Hi Julieann,

No experience of banding, but I'm sure if you discussed your concerns with Mr Sigg (even if its on the day of op), he'll take it into consideration. There must be a reason why he's put it there on certain people and not others, maybe thats just the best place for some people.

Its natural to be going through the emotions, its a rollercoaster ride especially for the last two weeks. I found that as the day got closer I got calmer and more excited rather than nervous :)

its so natural to feel like you do but you will be fine and i doubt you will have any regrets once done, my post is kinda over my bottom rib and doesnt interfere with my bra at all just mention it when you go in

Hi Hun,

The morning of the operation was when my panic hit me! There I was alone in my room thinking...I can always leave! But decided that this was the ultimate last resort for me and that I had to go through with it.
My port is just left of my tummy button (sits below my trouser line), as I wear my trousers quite high on my waist.
Email me if you want some more advice...I had my band fitted in May and I will never regret for a moment having it done.

Take care

Kerry-Ann

thankyou all for taking the time to reply to my threads you all have so much good advice to offer and even though i only registered on to this site this week i have been reading all posts for the last couple of months and i know that hearing about all of your weightloss journeys helped me make my decision for wls, I also know that deep down im sure everything will be fine but just find things a bit hard to cope with at the moment with my emotions being all over the place. I had my consultation on the 20th september and because of work commitments could not have the op until the 13th november and i dont think that has helped because it has given me too long to think about it and all what could go wrong:confused:

Back