• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post band op

Pinkfluffyemma

Just wondering how people were feeling post op! Only consuming about 700-800 cals a day but sometimes up to 1000 I'm not losing any weight as just staying the same but seem to feel sick after everything I eat and quiet frequently suffering from the runs :( I just thought I'd feeling 'good' and hopefully losing a few pounds prior to my fill!

sorry ur not feeling good x

What are you eating hun? Seems odd you have the runs...but cal wise, I had about the same amount. X

Hello there its not uncommon for ppl to not to lose any weight or maintain until they get some fills and restriction in, this is par for the course with banding life, as for the runs there are so many bugs going about atm is it possible you have caught something??? Wishing you all the best - Julie x x

Hi Jo
An average day is 30g shreddies with squashed banana and skimmed milk, for lunch small tin of spaghetti shapes or ravioli, for tea bolognese, or fish in parsley sauce with some mash and veg then i might have a scoop of ice cream or a cup of tea with a digestive (dunked so it's soft) I have ibs so used to get the runs pre op and usually linked to random foods but didn't think I would get it when I was eating so little! Xx

Try watching your carb intake...killer carbs as I call them....I try avoiding them as they soon add up and slow weight loss down. I wouldn't have banana, pasta, mash or ice cream...just checked shreddies and they're 35g worth of carbs...that's alot! I try not to go above around 80g a day of carbs, it's amazing once monitoring what they're hidden in...anything nice basically!! :)
Looks like protein wise with fish and meat you're doing ok but again I was told to ensure I reach at least 40g a day and more the better basically! just see if you could have your meat/fish with just veg/salad ....it may help x

Back