• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post op.. CANT EAT OR DRINK..help!!

Hi all, rang my provider this morning, they want to see me in clinic thursday, they think my stomach has healed "too well" and will need a stretch under sedation. I'm just glad it's something that can be sorted as can't get anything down me again today. Thought things were going too well for me !!

Thanks Shiraz it was your messages that made me ring, don't want to end up being tube fed. I wish u all the best and hope u are 100% soon, take care x

Glad you called & are getting it checked out & hopefully sorted soon. Try adding dried milk powder or protein powder to milky drinks or thin soups to keep some nutrition in you as long as you can manage fluids. Take care & good luck.

Thanks Shiraz it was your messages that made me ring, don't want to end up being tube fed. I wish u all the best and hope u are 100% soon, take care x

You are more than welcome hun, I'm just so glad you called them & they are going to sort you out. Don't worry about the stretch, can't say it's pleasant but it certainly doesn't hurt & with the sedation you will be totally fine. Please let me know how you get on. Take care & just concentrate on trying to get fluids in for now.
Kirsty x

Glad you called them and getting sorted. Hope it goes ok at the clinic x

So pleased you have got some medical help. Whatever help they offer will be beneficial to you, good luck and will be thinking of you on Thursday. x

Will be thinking of you as I attend my consultation tomorrow. Hope all goes well, your'll be in safe hands. X

Hi all, thanku for your well wishes and kind thoughts. Well, went to hospital and they said I either have a blockage of food that's either still stuck or has moved but the area is basically still swollen...... Or.... I need a dilation because stomachs healed too well. They can't or prefer not to do it until I'm 6 weeks post op (I'm 4 now) as it could cause permanent damage to my new pouch. So basically I have to carry on as I am for another 2 weeks until it is safe to carry out the procedure. Obviousley I'd rather it be done safely but I feel so sick and weak. They've told me to keep to liquid foods but today I can't even get water down me again!! I very very much doubt I have something stuck, I'm certain it needs a stretch myself x

Glad they were able to give you some possibilities of what the problem is & wish for your sake it was safe to deal with it sooner rather than in another two weeks. But better safe than sorry, not worth giving you loner term problems for the sake of a little extra time. However I sympathise when its now you can't eat or drink anything with ease or comfort. I'm sure its easier for me to say that for you to do but if you try reverse psychology & tell yourself it will go down, sip slowly at whatever you're trying to drink with luck you'll relax enough for it to go down slowly. Ensure you try to add in as much protein powder or dried milk powder to top up your protein intake & protect yourself as much as possible from feeling weak & muscle wastage if your weights dropping very rapidly.

hows things bab? all ok??

How did it go hun? Hope things are working better and you can now keep foods/fluids down.
Keep us posted. Xx

Thanks Penelope, it's not that I can't relax, I am trying as I'm drinking to hunk positively and tell myself it will be ok..... But five mins later my body tells me different lol I do add marvel to my tea when I CAN get it down, even tried a slim fast shake today, am still suffering now. I'll just have to see how i get on, thanku x

Hey scooter, strange but I've been thinking about you all morning and how horrendous this whole experience must of been for u. I've only had one week of it and I'm going crazy!!! I have to wait 2 weeks on liquids to see if it settles, if not then an endoscopy and stretch!! Thanku for thinking of me are U still eating well x

Hi chummy, I'm not able to get any fluids down today and being sick a lot but I have one good day one bad day so I'll have to get in what I can tomorrow!! How did your consultation go?

Thought you'd have tried it all wish I had some manic words of advice that could make life easier for you. Sadly not that clever to come up with one. Hugs & best wishes for what use they may be!

Back