• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post op.. CANT EAT OR DRINK..help!!

I would ring pals at the hospital

They said they do clinics for a stretch every Tuesday and this tuesday is full!! So got to go for mrsa swabs a week today then stretch the following Tuesday. Have no fight left in me at the moment. Just feel like crying x

I have a day when I can eat a little and drink ok, then a day when I can only get a tiny few sips of fluid down. They just didn't seem
Concerned abt it. They've been great so far but i do feel like I've just been left to get on with it x thanks for support x

Have they said to you stick to fluids only or anything until your stretch? Which hospital is this? Are you NHS? Really sorry you're not getting the support you need :hug99: Don't be afraid to badger them if you need more guidance x x

Thank u samsara, yes they said stick to watery foods. I had it in Merseyside , aintree hospital. Have no complaints about them just fed up
I have I wait another week. Had 2/3 good days but bad again today :0(

HI lovely, hope today is one of your good days and you can eat a little bit of something that will give you some goodness and energy to carry you through till you get to the stretch date. It is shocking that people keep having to wait when its problems like this. Problem is if we were animals the vets would have us straight in and sorted but not our hospitals just too busy too many patients staff over worked, too much bloomin paperwork hampering the hands on work. Apologies for any professional healthcare staff, I know you do an excellent job and your hands are tied but paper work is a big bug bear and take syou away from what you are trained to do. In my opinion of course. Chin up luvva keep on trying even if its just water you will get there and one day soon look back on this moment and think thank god i am feeling lot better and had that done xx

Hi all, had my stretch yesterday, apparantly the opening was the size of a pin hole!!! I was sedated and don't remember a thing!! So relieved it's all done, am feeling so much better x

Back