• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post sleeve - update

Denise Morris

Hi All

Its 3 weeks since my sleeve at Sunderland and apart from a few probs 1st week or so (vomiting/tiredness/tummy soreness) I seem to be getting settled.
Weight seems to have stuck at moment (though have lost about 8kg since op) so not sure if I am eating enough to maintain metabolism (I'm also hypothyroid) as I am also very tired at times.
I was worried about not getting sufficient protein so bought a protein powder supplement to help and having 1 scoop mixed in fruit/milk smoothie which I find quite palatable, plus I have daily multivits.
Exercise wise I am getting out/about every other day for a couple of hours usually walking around shops or visiting family and using step exercises on my wii fit.
I rarely feel hungry/have cravings but am experiencing a bit of heartburn usually in evenings for which I take omeprazole longterm and with a past recurrent history of helicobacter pylori (last time May 10) wouldn't be at all surprised if its that again!!

So far so good :D

You are doing really well, the time flies and before you know it your op will be a distant memory :D Good Luck with the rest of your journey XX

You are doing so well...keep it up xxx

Thanks everyone, just wish weather was a bit calmer so I can get out and about with my camera take my mind off everything.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, just wish weather was a bit calmer so I can get out and about with my camera take my mind off everything.

:) Hiya Denise, are you coming to our next support group on the 24th ? it would be nice to see you again x

Yes Liz I should make it to group this month.

Just weighed again this morning (clothed) and 113.6kg thats 20lb weight loss since surgery. Wish I could see where it was going from though (apart from face/neck)

Back