• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Years Post Op

sophiapink100

Hi All,

I am sure many of you who visit this site now won't know or remember me as I am guilty of being one of those that disappear into the distance.

I guess a little introduction/story time may be needed in that case.

I am Sophie, I am 26 years old and I have my Gastric Sleeve in July 2014. Prior to having the operation I was quite sternly told by the surgeon that due to my size one op would not be enough and I would need another - pft, there was no way I was going through that twice!

So my starting weight was 30st 4lbs with a BMI of I think around 63/64, now 3 years later I am sitting at around 14 1/2 stone however this does fluctuate throughout the month - something I have found incredibly hard to deal with as I never noticed menstrual fluctuation when I was heavier (probably because my weight just went up) so sometimes the week prior to TOM I can be up to 15st.

Now you may still think that my weight is quite high and I guess it is heavy for a female, however note I am 5ft 9 and I do workout incredibly hard ... Oh and I did lose half my body weight lol.

My BMI now sits at 30.

So, the reality of life after loss.... I have maintained for around a year now, although for the last 3-4 months I have struggled, I had a gain of around 10lbs and the battle to try and get that off has been real! I have got half of it off and still working on the rest. Skin wise, I have to say I am quite lucky for the amount I have lost and I don't have a huge amount .. I will add some photos in so you can see.

Life has changed in so many ways since having my Op, my confidence has bloomed, but I have suffered anxiety in other areas. I have gone from being a Production planner ages 23 when I started to a Planning Manager aged 26 now ... My career has blossomed too. I have been in a relationship now for over 2 years and he is amazing! I have just finished my first year of part time university - I am studying for a business management degree, something I tried when i was 19 & 20 and failed due to ill mental health and ill health in general - weight related. I am also studying towards a Nutritionist qualification, this is just a side thing I find really interesting and feel will help me continue to live a healthy life.

Anyway, I realise I have blabbed so here is some piccies of my journey

Sophie

xx

View media item 653View media item 654View media item 657View media item 663View media item 655View media item 659View media item 656View media item 673View media item 667View media item 672View media item 670View media item 669View media item 664View media item 676View media item 678View media item 677View media item 680View media item 675View media item 666View media item 674

FeeBee

Hey Sophie, it sounds like you've been through a real transformation :) Well done!

TiaLi

Wow, those are some really inspirational photos! Thank you for popping in and sharing your story, I always find it really interesting to hear how people are getting on a couple of years out!

Laaux

Wow, you have done incredibly well and look like a different person! :)
This is such an inspirational post. I'm just about 6 weeks out now and seeing this makes me so excited for the future. Xx

erscrack

Hi All,

I am sure many of you who visit this site now won't know or remember me as I am guilty of being one of those that disappear into the distance.

I guess a little introduction/story time may be needed in that case.

I am Sophie, I am 26 years old and I have my Gastric Sleeve in July 2014. Prior to having the operation I was quite sternly told by the surgeon that due to my size one op would not be enough and I would need another - pft, there was no way I was going through that twice!

So my starting weight was 30st 4lbs with a BMI of I think around 63/64, now 3 years later I am sitting at around 14 1/2 stone however this does fluctuate throughout the month - something I have found incredibly hard to deal with as I never noticed menstrual fluctuation when I was heavier (probably because my weight just went up) so sometimes the week prior to TOM I can be up to 15st.

Now you may still think that my weight is quite high and I guess it is heavy for a female, however note I am 5ft 9 and I do workout incredibly hard ... Oh and I did lose half my body weight lol.

My BMI now sits at 30.

So, the reality of life after loss.... I have maintained for around a year now, although for the last 3-4 months I have struggled, I had a gain of around 10lbs and the battle to try and get that off has been real! I have got half of it off and still working on the rest. Skin wise, I have to say I am quite lucky for the amount I have lost and I don't have a huge amount .. I will add some photos in so you can see.

Life has changed in so many ways since having my Op, my confidence has bloomed, but I have suffered anxiety in other areas. I have gone from being a Production planner ages 23 when I started to a Planning Manager aged 26 now ... My career has blossomed too. I have been in a relationship now for over 2 years and he is amazing! I have just finished my first year of part time university - I am studying for a business management degree, something I tried when i was 19 & 20 and failed due to ill mental health and ill health in general - weight related. I am also studying towards a Nutritionist qualification, this is just a side thing I find really interesting and feel will help me continue to live a healthy life.

Anyway, I realise I have blabbed so here is some piccies of my journey

Sophie

xx

View media item 653View media item 654View media item 657View media item 663View media item 655View media item 659View media item 656View media item 673View media item 667View media item 672View media item 670View media item 669View media item 664View media item 676View media item 678View media item 677View media item 680View media item 675View media item 666View media item 674
Oh My goodness you look absolutely fantastic congratulations on a brilliant weight loss

x.Nicky.x

Amazing - u look stunning and ur skin is also amazing!! But looks like uv been working hard in the gym xxxxx

sophiapink100

Wow, those are some really inspirational photos! Thank you for popping in and sharing your story, I always find it really interesting to hear how people are getting on a couple of years out!

No problem at all... I found this site very helpful when i was starting my journey, getting people stories and tips etc was fantastic hopefully I can be of some help to someone x

sophiapink100

Wow, you have done incredibly well and look like a different person! :)
This is such an inspirational post. I'm just about 6 weeks out now and seeing this makes me so excited for the future. Xx

Aw thank you .. I feel like a different person ha! You will do absolutely amazing, you just have to work hard and change your lifestyle forever x

sophiapink100

Amazing - u look stunning and ur skin is also amazing!! But looks like uv been working hard in the gym xxxxx

Thank you :) I have worked very hard in the gym from day one, I knew just eating wasn't going to shed enough weight .. Statistically I should have stopped losing around 7 stone ago so I knew i was in for some hard work ... having said that it paid off and now the gym is my retreat where I escape the mad world lol x

Hannah2

Wow! Amazing! Great transformation and great pictures! Do you follow a specific eating plan? Low fat? Calorie counting? Just wondered how you managed to lose your gain?

Bling Babe

WOW thank you so much for sharing those beautiful inspirational photos, you look amazing and beautiful you should be very proud of yourself too, you really have worked so hard. As others have said it really is great to hear how people are doing a few years out xx

sophiapink100

Wow! Amazing! Great transformation and great pictures! Do you follow a specific eating plan? Low fat? Calorie counting? Just wondered how you managed to lose your gain?

I don't believe in low fat, this is something i truly think has helped to make the epidemic of obesity even worse - we need fat in our diet, the correct fats but we do need fat, remove this and your body will crave other things. I calorie count to a certain degree but not religiously, I know what food i should and shouldn't eat and how much of it, as long as I am eating clean 6 days a week and I work out intensely at least 3 times then I tend to sit at my lowest weight I've been able to get to. The reason for my gain was due to not being able to work out for a period of time, so I needed to adjust my eating based on this but I didn't, as soon as I brought exercise back in my weight dropped again.

Also good thing to remember for those who work out - you may sometimes gain weight but lose inches when you do things like strength and resistance training. I think this is probably why although I am quite heavy my body doesn't look bad - if that makes sense lol?

As a rule of thumb if i am working out I try to eat around 1500-1600 calories per day, if i am not then i try to go with around 1200-1300, and this seems to work for me.

Don't know if this will help? I would recommend exercise to everyone, this will help hugely.

x

sophiapink100

WOW thank you so much for sharing those beautiful inspirational photos, you look amazing and beautiful you should be very proud of yourself too, you really have worked so hard. As others have said it really is great to hear how people are doing a few years out xx

Aw thank you, that was a lovely reply :) x

SAM55

I don't believe in low fat, this is something i truly think has helped to make the epidemic of obesity even worse - we need fat in our diet, the correct fats but we do need fat, remove this and your body will crave other things. I calorie count to a certain degree but not religiously, I know what food i should and shouldn't eat and how much of it, as long as I am eating clean 6 days a week and I work out intensely at least 3 times then I tend to sit at my lowest weight I've been able to get to. The reason for my gain was due to not being able to work out for a period of time, so I needed to adjust my eating based on this but I didn't, as soon as I brought exercise back in my weight dropped again.

Also good thing to remember for those who work out - you may sometimes gain weight but lose inches when you do things like strength and resistance training. I think this is probably why although I am quite heavy my body doesn't look bad - if that makes sense lol?

As a rule of thumb if i am working out I try to eat around 1500-1600 calories per day, if i am not then i try to go with around 1200-1300, and this seems to work for me.

Don't know if this will help? I would recommend exercise to everyone, this will help hugely.

x
It does make sense as muscle is heavier than fat. I agree about the fat too. Heard a really interesting programme on the radio once about a high good fat diet being good for Type 2 diabetes. Looking forward to increasing the exercise when I get the new knee - what I am able to do at the moment isn't enough now the honeymoon period is over. :(

sophiapink100

It does make sense as muscle is heavier than fat. I agree about the fat too. Heard a really interesting programme on the radio once about a high good fat diet being good for Type 2 diabetes. Looking forward to increasing the exercise when I get the new knee - what I am able to do at the moment isn't enough now the honeymoon period is over. :(

Are you able to swim? When I was at my heaviest walking more than 100 yards was impossible for me and so was working out, so while I lost the first 7-8 stone I swam every day, it worked a dream! People underestimate swimming :)

SAM55

Sort of. I go to 2 hydrotherapy classes a week for exercise and have done for 8 years. I have been told not to actually swim any leg strokes now as it makes my knee worse.