• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revision Surgery???

mum21baba

Hi there, does anybody know anything about this? I know its early days for me yet but I am still desperately unhappy about my band. I had it fitted on 20/02/12 and have 8.5mls in a 14ml band but have no restriction at all. The staff at the hospital are amazed by this.

Are revision surgeries available on the nhs? and if I was to go about this does anybody know what the procedure is? :sigh:

I think the NHS would be very reluctant to provide revision surgery, unless there was a problem with your band.

I dont think being unhappy with it after 3 months would come under this category.

You say you feel no restriction, what are you eating? Why not post in the banders section, there is a daily menu thread and you may get some tips xx

My pct will not offer revision surgery. Some people at my hospital have had funding for revision due to serious problems with the band. But they are under a different pct to me.

I think at your stage they may just offer you support xxx

Good luck xxx

Has your provider checked to see that all is well with the band?? If yes then it Sounds like you just need some more fills - everyone is different regarding to how many fills a person would need to feel restriction , and the fact that you don't have any restriction at all should really tell them that you need more fills - I know the Nhs is cutting back financially on wls in a lot of areas , someone I know has had the band for 3 years now and hasnt lost no weight at all and only now are they offering her a revision. Wishing you all the best x x x

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I am going to have a couple more fills (have to wait between 6 and 8 weeks at a time) and see how I go. The staff are amazed that i don't feel any restriction

Back