• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

31st March

pamelalansbury

I'm going private & booked my operation today for 31st March. So excited! Having a band done by Mr Gokhale at Yorkshire Clinic. Preoperative diet starts Monday!

good luck to you for your pre op surgery and beyond :)

Good Luck, i start pre op on monday too for my bypass on 28th xx

Thanks everyone! Am on my third day of following the preoperative diet pretty much to the letter, am famished though! Must have a large stomach inside as well as outside!

Pre admission tests tomorrow, fun. Got my bill, same day as I got paid...funny how the universe works! Im just thinking about whether the Sunday night before I go nil by mouth it would be aleight to have something off the preoperative plan, a wee last hurrah? Anyone else done that?

^ do not do that! You could undo all your good work.

There are many topics on here where have broken their pre-op diets and been universally yelled at.

Don't waste this opportunity hun.

Thanks everyone! Am on my third day of following the preoperative diet pretty much to the letter, am famished though! Must have a large stomach inside as well as outside! Pre admission tests tomorrow, fun. Got my bill, same day as I got paid...funny how the universe works! Im just thinking about whether the Sunday night before I go nil by mouth it would be aleight to have something off the preoperative plan, a wee last hurrah? Anyone else done that?

Nooooo!!! Don't break your pre-op diet as you might risk not being able to have the operation. You've been shrinking your liver so the op will be safe - even one meal can blow that. It's not worth it!

Thanks guys, I was just jonesing after a milky way! Will keep at it as per. According to my diet sheet I can have 1 low fat yoghurt a day, so have ordered a mullerlight with choc sprinkles to try and cover the chocolate thing for now! x

Had my pre op assessment today, blood tests, ecg, blood pressure and swabs, fun! Spoke to the physio at length really gave me a better idea of what will happen post surgery.

Booked my second blood test in (the rules apparently) and paid my bill. Never spent so much in one go! Still ridiculously hungry, obviously, but excited. 11 days to go!

Argh I've come down with a cold with a week to go, I don't know how I should battle it, need it gone can't have them postpone surgery *cries*

Either a cold or it's my allergies as I inhaled a massive cloud of dust the other night.time to hit vitamin c and anti histamines hard either way

So tomorrow is the day. I'm nervous as hell, hah - so nervous it's brought on unexpected menstruation (the first in quite some time) and all I can think about is if that will affect anything during the op!

I've done my best on the preop, there were some wibbles, but I've lost around 5lb I think which isn't too bad at all, (i lose slowly due to pcos) so hopefully they'll be okay to do it. Fingers crossed. Just napped for an hour as I'm being picked up at 6.30 for a 7am check in, and I don't forsee much sleep! Best get my bag together, and take some measurements etc.

Hope you're recovering well! Come back on here to update us soon!

Just to let you know i came down with a sore throat 2 days before mine. I never get those. I think it's pre-op nerves and seems to be common.

Thanks ladies, will do a much more detailed post later (the forum ate my last attempt) but for now I can say the op went fine, and i'm home. Really sore around my port, though nothing looks to be infected - probably just pain behind it, in the muscles etc - and these compression stockings are really hurting behind my knees, but c'est la vie. Kicked my bloke out of bed so I can get some proper rest, (nurses orders) and I feel guilty because he's not able to sleep.

Managing fluids, slimfast drinks and the occasional yoghurt, so not hungry yet though. It's my third day post op, I've discovered I can lean on my right side in bed which is a nice change from flat on the back, and means it's easier getting comfy on the sofa!

Well I return with my tail between my legs here. I've lost half a stone so far since the op. I haven't had my first fill yet, they wouldn't do it until I got a period (I'm very irregular due to PCOS) so I've fibbed and am having it next week. I've not seen ANYONE since I left the hospital after the operation, and to be honest, I feel a bit abandoned. The dietician wasn't there when I checked out, and she's rung me twice letting it ring once then leaving a voicemail with no number. Nothing from the consultant. I feel like because I've paid, they aren't interested anymore :(

I've had a lot going on in the last two months, moving house, and had a massive stress on regarding debts. So my head hasn't been where it should be. I'm aware of what I'm doing wrong, it's just been hard to motivate myself. I've not been sick more than once, and I have cut out some stuff I'm not good with - but I find myself turning to easy things like chocolate - such an emotional eater. I actually have an in-person meeting with the dietician for the first time since Feb in 2 weeks, and aside from presumably admonishing me for not losing much I'm hoping it will be helpful for the mental side somehow.

I only get 2 fills included in my package (I went for a hospital I 'trusted' rather than one slightly cheaper with more in the package) and it's £250 a time for a fill after that, and it'll take me 4 months to save that - so understandably I want the first fill to be in and decent and help me make a difference. I feel a bit defeated by it all if I'm honest, because I've just let all the stress lead me back down paths I didn't want to be on.

I decided the week after my fill, I'm going to go along to a local aqua fit class so I can try doing that, getting some exercise that I might find pleasant would help. It's hard in this weather though, it's so depressing!

Snap out of it woman, you're half a stone down, you can lose a few more lbs by your dietician appointment if you knuckle down, and this is about the long haul rather than short term extreme loss.

Last edited:
Back