• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On a mad rollercoaster ride. To my new life.

LorraineL

Had a call last Friday, from Kings College asking if I mind being having my surgery at The Lister Hospital in Chelsea Bridge Road, I would have been a fool if I said no. ;) So my surgery is now booked for 21st March, I have to be there for 7am.
Then yesterday at work I was informed I am being made redundant on the 31st March :wave_cry:.
March is one weird month.
17th I turn 50:cry:
21st I have my op :D
26th I celebrate being married to my best friend for 31 years:)
31st Offical become unemployed:sigh:
I`m going to try and keep this diary going so I have something to focus on, somewhere to rant. Somewhere I can be honest with my feelings without worrying my family.

Wow, that's a lot going on in a short space of time. If you ever need a friendly shoulder or somewhere to just rant, this forum is amazing. So many supportive people on here, and we have all had some problems along the way! Well done on getting your date, congrats on your wedding anniversary. Remember age is just a number! As for the work, sometimes a door has to close in order for us to look around and see whats out there waiting for us.

Best of luck x

Well I guess you could say it's the start of a new life;). At least you won't have the worry about how long to stay off work,and what to tell your colleagues!

Positives outweigh negatives I'd say - and congrats on 31 years of marriage!
Reaching 50 won't be too bad - especially with a new slimmer you on the way :)

All the best with your journey xx

Today had a call and my pre op has now been booked for the 10th March. Will be given the pre op diet info and chat at the same time. Roll on 22nd March the op will be over and fingers crossed I will be up and about.

Wow, what a month for you.

Having the op is the best thing I've ever done - and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary x

heck - that's one hell of a lot of emotions all in one month.

Be glad you have the surgery coming up - and the rest of your life to look forward to. That sort of rollercoaster events is exactly the emotional turmoil that got me in the state I was in pre-surgery....

You are going to be fitter, heathier, happier and a whole new you - with a wonderful partner to enjoy life with.

After all - when life gives us lemons, lets make lemonade x

your right...life is a roll a coaster !
guess you will just have to ride the waves
at least you know what`s coming so you can prepare yourself for them
I wish you lots of luck
x

Pre Op all done. On the 2nd day of the pre op diet. Drinking lots of water, running for the loo all the time. Wondering if the diet works or is it the extra exercise that makes you drop the weight. If only I was being paid £1 for every trip to the loo, I`d be able to fund my new wardrobe I`m going to need. 9 days till day of op. Will have to leave home at 5:30am to make sure I`m at the hospital by 7am. Lucky my OH is going to drive me and wait with me.

Well done Lorraine, but remember the pre-op diet is not to lose weight, its to shrink your liver so they are able to move it safely to get to your tummy.

Good luck for the next week and t sounds like you have great support from your OH.

Great fun. Begining to hate March, just took a call from Kings the operation has been cancelled. Not because of a medical issue, this I could have accepted easy. But because I have not been waiting as long as others have and they have now been moved into my place. WHY they called me in the first place I don`t understand!! They can`t even give me a date for surgery now. They shouldn`t have given me the date in the first place!. So Gutted. Wish I could afford to go private. Been told to wait now for them to contact me again with a new date. I`m going to bug the living day lights out of them from now on every month I`m going to be calling them.

Hi Lorraine , good luck with the rest of the pre op and forthcoming operation. Sorry to hear about your predicament. Noticed you're also under Dr Chang who's a great surgeon along with Dr Anwar.

Hi Lorraine
That is so frustrating!
I'm due to have surgery at Lewisham in April. I got referred in December and the service so far has be excellent.
Have you consider an alternative hospital?
A close friend of mine has been on the waiting list at Kings since September and she is still awaiting a date.
( Average waiting time is a year)
Best wishes on your journey.

Awww hun that's no fun..... be sure to bug em for a new date, i'm sure it can't be far away. Mention you can do cancellation too (if works not an issue) seem odd they offered it too you only to snatch it back......... meanies :(
Stay positive and keep smiling, don't let this push you back hun x x x gl

That's a shame Lorraine. Mine was also cancelled. As mentioned you'll need to bug Pauline regularly for a new date. If you do get KCH ask whether Copcoat ward is available. It's only been open a few months and geared up for Bariatric surgeries.

That's a shame Lorraine. Mine was also cancelled. As mentioned you'll need to bug Pauline regularly for a new date. If you do get KCH ask whether Copcoat ward is available. It's only been open a few months and geared up for Bariatric surgeries.

I`m going to give them a call today, see what is going on. Just want to know roughly how long it will be, as I need to look for a new job and if the op is going to be soon I will look to do some temp work until after, if the op isn`t going to be for 6 months or so I will look for a full time job.
I will ask about Copcoat ward when they give me another date. Thanks

Hi Lorraine
That is so frustrating!
I'm due to have surgery at Lewisham in April. I got referred in December and the service so far has be excellent.
Have you consider an alternative hospital?
A close friend of mine has been on the waiting list at Kings since September and she is still awaiting a date.
( Average waiting time is a year)
Best wishes on your journey.

I had no idea Lewisham did this surgery. I would have asked to go there as I only live in Downham.

Back