• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd time lucky update!

Jen1961

Is on her way!
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

It couldn't have gone worse today.

I saw a different surgeon to who I have seen on my two previous appointments today. Very charming but didn't give me the news I wanted unfortunately.

He went through the op again that is being planned for me, Bypass, Gall Bladder removal and a hernia repair. He tells me that because I wasn't able to have an MRI scan to see if I had any stray gall stones in my ducts, he may have to only do my gall bladder removal on one surgery and if its found that I have any stones during this surgery they will remove my gall bladder and end the surgery that day. Then I would have to go in for a treatment orally to retrieve any stones they may find. Ok, not liking what he is saying but agreeing its for my own safety. He said the probability will be that it will be fine and all three procedures will be done as planned.

So, then I go and tell him that I have started with this rare skin disorder - Bullous Pemphigoid - which is an immune system disorder and my immune system attacks my skin tissue and cause large blisters to my skin surface, which unfortunately tend to get secondary infected so I end up on antibiotics to clear the cellulitus that forms in my arm. Up to now its only been in one area on my arm, but this week has appeared on my tummy also grrr!! Its not actually been diagnosed as Bullous Pemphigoid but my GP feels it has all the characters of it but it will need to be formally diagnosed by a dermatologist. I was booked in to see a dermatologist on the 1st of Aug which has now been cancelled last week (for what ever reason) and I am now waiting for a new appointment with them. Currently there is an 80 day waiting list. So... I am now told that the op cannot go ahead until I get sorted out by the dermatologist and if he decides to put me on steroids (which is the common cause of action to this problem) my op will be postponed indefinitely due to the steroids will hinder skin repair and healing. The surgeon said he would write today to the dermatologist and ask for my appointment to be speeded up so we can get forward, but it seems that everything has gone against me today. I was so close to not telling him about my skin condition but I knew I had to do. It can be brought about by stress and usually affects people over 70. That is probably my body age the way I am feeling. :sigh: :cry: :sigh:

So, I have spent the whole day feeling sorry for myself and blubbering all over the place. :cry:

So ... I will try and stay positive but its so hard.
:sigh:

Jen, I am so sorry to hear your appoinment wasn't more positive.

Well done on being up front with him about the skin problem - I would think the risks if you hadn't could have been disastarous.

Try and hang on to the fact you haven't had a definite 'no'.

I do understand that all of this is very little comfort to you xxx

im sorry to hear your having a bad time ,i know how hard it is to keep being disapointed,i know it dont help but i really do wish you some luck on your journey x

Back