• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op...

hopefulmum

hi all, i am now 4 days post op and not feeling too great :( i still have quite a lot of pain and really debt feel like eating at all. just wondering how those compares to your experiences?

yesterday i managed 2 half mugs of soup and a yogurt across the whole day and some water and tea.

today i have not had anything at all yet just half a mug of tea and some water...

I still felt quite poorly on day 4. I'm a week pos op now. I found the more I got up and walked about, even though it hurt, the better I felt. Keep going. I know everyone is different but it does keep getting better, and the pain keeps getting less and less :)

thanks Paula, what about eating? i know ot really important to have protein how much are you able to have in a day?

I'm just concentrating on getting as much fluid in as I can tbh. I add skimmed milk powder to most things to get some protein. Here's what I had yesterday. This may help :)

B - vitality strawberry yogurt drink thinned with milk.
L - Home made veg soup (sieved) and thinned with chicken stock.
T - fresh fruit smoothie made with 350mls of milk.
S - mug of watered down tomato soup.

Drinks - pint of NAS squash, 2x mugs of tea, 250ml of watered down apple juice. Water.

Also take your pain relief regularly, even if your not in pain xx

hats a brilliant help to me thanks :) i bought some shakes to try and get some protein down and am going to up the liquid intake as well. thanks again x

Back