• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly banded advice

dan1982

Got my band done on Friday at Dolan park all has gone well so far I believe I have a 14ml band with 5ml in it
I've been pretty much pain free just uncomfortable to move I haven't ate much since Friday put have had some discomfort today I had 2 glasses of orange juice of a 4 hr period and was left feeling like I had swallowed half the water in the world part from the 2 glasses of orange I haven't had much at all
7am slim fast
10am cup of tea
11:30 muller light yogurt
1pm glass of orange
3pm glass of orange
7pm I've lolly

I have a lot of discomfort around the bottom left of my rib cage I'm wondering weather this could be wind or bloating

donna44

It sounds like wind Dan, try some peppermint tea, vile stuff but it works, plus its early days so you will still be in pain for a while, and your port is by you left rib cage too, which can cause discomfort too.

I found it hard to drink cold drinks, so instead of having orange juice I would have a cup a soup or a bowl of clear soup, it really help. The dietician advises to eat every four hours otherwise the band will tighten and make it hard to swallow.

dan1982

Thanks I didn't know that and mostly everythink I have had has been cold .
I do keep getting a bubbling feeling so I suppose it is wind