• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I had my gastric Band fitted on Thursday...

TinaBee

Hi All,

Some of you i have been in contact with from sharing my fears prior to the op. Well after two days of feeling awful and the worst trapped wind ive ever had (recommend gripe water for babies - has done the trick) finally up and about and feeling much more alive, positive and looking to the future. It was more painful than i thought (i dont quite know what i must have thought!) but will be worth it. All very strange at the moment as in limbo land. Yesterday could only manage sips of water and one third of a slimfast bottle. Managed a whole mug of tea today! The port wound is the most painful and my surgeon had explained it would be. Having said that he also told me i have to go for an hours walk tomorrow. As i nearly passed out getting water and medication this morning and yesterday i think that will have to wait a few days......All in all though positive and happy! Bring it on!!! Thank you to you all for just being there its so helpful xx

hi tina, im glad things has went well for you, each day will get better and walking does speed up the recovery process, your doing well so far, keep sipping the water as it will do you good.

liz x

Welcome to the losing side....best advice, listen to your own body.

Look forward to hearing your progress, you sound very positive and upbeat ;):D

Im feeling positive and upbeat now - i certainly wasnt earlier!! And yes i will get into the walking i will try half an hour tomorrow just to even try. Its sooooo exciting and scary and so many things. And this forum just has helped me so much. Thanks for replying. It really helps and i dont think i would have been able to go through with it without it xx thanks again

any questions or concerns you may have along your journey please ask away as theres always some one around that will help xxx

Hi Tina

Glad it all went well and you are starting to feel better. Will be joining you on the losing side next Saturday!

Take care and try not to do too much too soon x

Hope ur feeling better soon hun. I had bypass on tues so can sympathise with you. Im very very sore still!

hope you feel better soon but keep positvve in a few days aprart from a sore port your be back to normal and as others have said keep walking it really helps i done about 10-15 every few hours and felt better for it xx

Congratulations on joining the loosing side :D

I promise it does get easier every day im 2 weeks post-op and cant believe that 2 weeks ago today exactly this time I was going down for my surgery....and now Im just starting purrees and thick liquids.

Take care and make sure you rest when you can and take your vitamins xxx

Hi Tina, good luck with your weightloss chuck and hope you feel better soon.

hi Tina welcome to the losing side, keep moving around when you can it also helps with the removal of wind, and there is also pepermint tea

Back