• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days post op

Ems73

Had my op Thursday afternoon. Still feeling v sore and lots of wind Siam going to go out for a walk later. Also struggling to eat anything, is that normal? Have managed peppermint tea, a few mouthfuls of soup, and 2 tsp of yoghurt.
Just want to know what to expect
Cheers

Take it steady Em and keep sipping it's early days and we are thinking of you... I sipped loads of water and peppermint tea, plus gentle walk... take care precious. Love and hugs xxx

You are bound to be feeling sore love...get plenty of rest and little walks dont over do it. Everything that your eating or drinking seems right to me but i was bypassed.
Keep sipping all the time and im sure that in a few days you will feel so much better. xxxx

As others have said - take it easy. The wind pain can be horrible. People suggested deflatine or windeze to me and they did help - as can moving and circling your arms round and round (I know sounds daft but it can move the gas around).

Did the hospital give you a diet sheet and say how many days on liquids, then purees etc? The advice seems to vary so much. I did two weeks on liquids, two weeks on purees, then on to mush for two weeks.

Oh - and edited to say - don't expect to have much restriction until you have had a few fills - and the hunger will kick back in before then so you will have to be prepared to fight it.

Hi Ems, I had my band fitted just over 6 weeks ago and I remember that the first few days post op I only managed to eat tiny amounts, even with liquids only. Everything inside is still swollen from the operation and it will take a little while to calm down. Also, the wind pain will ease and I used peppermint tea, windeze etc but walking around and a bit of general movement probably helped the most. I also go my hubby to rub my back for me where it was the most painful (like he was burping a baby!) and this was nice and soothing too. It took about a week for the wind pain to completely go with me but of course everyone is different.
I also found about 2/3 days in I was a bit tearful and wondering what the hell I had done to myself but my dietician said that this was completely normal and I have to say this feeling passed quite quickly. Now 6 and a bit weeks I feel like this is the best thing I could have ever done and I'm looking forward to getting my life back over the coming weeks, months and years. Good luck with your journey hun xx

You're usually meant to only have liquids for a week or two , then pureed for another couple before moving carefully to denser foods. Don't rush to eat normal foods yet or you might make the band slip and really hurt yourself internally.
Please follow the surgeons guidelines as it's very important.
The advice re the wind above is right, it's not going to be as bad as it is now for too long so in the meantime any wind relief stuff is worth a try, keep up the pain meds and try and potter about gently x

At 2 days post op the only walking 'outside' i'd do is around my own back garden in all honesty. Don't think a little walk up the shops won't hurt, because it will. You've just had major surgery....

If you can wait another couple of days then please just potter around your own house and garden, it's amazing how the exhaustion can suddenly hit you...

Glad to see that apart from the dreaded wind you are appearing to be okay xxx

mellyb28 said:
Hi Ems, I had my band fitted just over 6 weeks ago and I remember that the first few days post op I only managed to eat tiny amounts, even with liquids only. Everything inside is still swollen from the operation and it will take a little while to calm down. Also, the wind pain will ease and I used peppermint tea, windeze etc but walking around and a bit of general movement probably helped the most. I also go my hubby to rub my back for me where it was the most painful (like he was burping a baby!) and this was nice and soothing too. It took about a week for the wind pain to completely go with me but of course everyone is different.
I also found about 2/3 days in I was a bit tearful and wondering what the hell I had done to myself but my dietician said that this was completely normal and I have to say this feeling passed quite quickly. Now 6 and a bit weeks I feel like this is the best thing I could have ever done and I'm looking forward to getting my life back over the coming weeks, months and years. Good luck with your journey hun xx

Hi, I am really interested to hear how your doing six weeks in, I'm three days in. Have you had your first fill? How much have you lost? Is there any pain still? Did you suffer much hunger after the first few days? Xxx

Back