• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i eating too much?

LivinALoveStory

Today i have eaten-
B - special k with skimmed milk
L - 1 x ryvita with cottage cheese,whole red pepper, 3 x slice of cucumber
Evening -1 x snackajack with cottage cheese on top
Snacks - 2 x satsumas & half apple
Just feel that im eating too much

Well I'm not a bander and not sure how far out you are but that doesn't add up to many calories, I'm sure someone more qualified will be along to advise when it comes to bands but that seems a small amount to me depending on what stage you are on. Good job on the fruit and veg but can you manage meat or meat equivients if you are veggie? Might be good to have more of a proper meal in the evening? Best of luck :) x

Doesnt look a lot to me ! looks like 2 of my meals ha ha x

I don't think it's enough personally x

for example I have: -

Brekkie - today is omelette with veg and ham in

Lunch - mixed crunchy salad, couple of new potatos and tuna

snack PM - fruit and yogurt

Tea - cod, veg and half a jacket

evening snack - cereal bar.

hope that helps x

Its in the banders section, so I am assuming you are a bander. To be honest that doesnt appear to be much ... but you actually dont say how much in quantity of cereals/milk or cottage cheese you are eating - so its difficult to judge if its too much :rolleyes: You say you 'feel' you are eating too much ... is that a 'head' thing ie you think you are eating too much for a bander? or is it your body actually feels full ... if you feel full ... the band is doing its job :)

Only just seeing these replies, I had a gastric band & im 6 weeks post op.
Yesterday i had:
B - 30G special k with smilk(just enough to cover the flakes)
L - 1 ryvita with tbs of cottage cheese on top, a beetroot(about the size of a plum), 3 slices of cucumber, and a yellow pepper
Evening - Chicken breast with tomatoes
Snacks - 2 x tangerine

Today i have had:
B- cup of tea
L- Chicken breast, ryvita, slice of ww cheese & tomatoes and onions
Tonight i will be having ww Quiche with peppers

I just feel as if i shouldnt be eating this amount.. seems alot

It appears to be the opposite, but if you aren't hungry, don't eat more. however in saying that focus on your protein in the diet. Also, you may find it easier to track what you're eating - I've counted calories on mine and have 1100 cals a day (optimum weight loss at this point) with max 70g carbs and min 70g protein. It appears that you're not eating very much at all . . .

How are you doing weight loss wise? And also, do you feel hungry at all? You may find that you have good levels of restriction and aren't feeling hungry, if so, there's no need to eat . . .but don't go limiting yourself too much either because thats not good for you too.

Yep I agree with topkat - it doesnt appear to be that much, but if you are actually full up and still losing weight ... maybe make the most of this level of restriction. Other banders would kill for this level of restriction at 6 weeks post op. If you are actually hungry you could afford to eat more (calories-wise) I am sure. If you are not losing weight or losing weight very slowly (your body could be going into starvation mode ... and sometimes that actually makes us feel full, even when we are not eating enough) ... again you could afford to up the calories (especially from more protein) to speed up the weight loss. Funny old game this banding malarky ;) dont forget to keep us updated xxx

Back