• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks post-op weigh in.

Grace

I'm 4 weeks and 1 day post-op today. I couldn't get weighed yesterday as I was chauffeuring duty for my son.

I've lost another 4 pounds, making a grand total of 1 stone 5 pounds lost in my first 4 weeks post-op.

So I should be thrilled, right? But in fact I feel a little deflated and anxious, as I lost 5 pounds last week and I'm now starting to get concerned that the weight loss is slowing down too fast, if you know what I mean?

I've been a bit bunged-up bowel-wise recently; I'm also struggling to drink enough fluids. I think that could be a problem. Also TOTM due.

Please someone tell me I'm being silly!
But please be nice to me, as I'm feeling a little low.:confused:
I suspect post-op blues + TOTM blues are combining.

Charis, you should think how well yopu have done. you were so poorly and you have come a long way, 4lb a week is just FANTASTIC!!! On average that is over a stone a month so by Christmas you will have lost 4 stone. How amazing will that be?? You know yourself not going to the loo and TOTM play havoc and so you can add at least another 2/3lb which will dissapear when that is sorted and over. You sound a truly lovely lady and I love reading your posts. So.... Operation over, minimum 4lb weight loss each week, relax and be proud of yourself, you are an inspiration to me and so many others.
Sending you a big warm cuddly hug.

Linski xxxxxx

YOU ARE BEING SILLY

Your weight loss will slow down gradually, mine did, after a great weight loss for the first couple of months, I now lose about 1.5 to 2lbs a week.

You have done really well, but I would watch the constipation as I know that will affect your weight loss.

Sip Sip Sip, you need water. Think of water as a slimming pill as it will help you.

Well done hun.

Charis, you should think how well yopu have done. you were so poorly and you have come a long way, 4lb a week is just FANTASTIC!!! On average that is over a stone a month so by Christmas you will have lost 4 stone. How amazing will that be?? You know yourself not going to the loo and TOTM play havoc and so you can add at least another 2/3lb which will dissapear when that is sorted and over. You sound a truly lovely lady and I love reading your posts. So.... Operation over, minimum 4lb weight loss each week, relax and be proud of yourself, you are an inspiration to me and so many others.
Sending you a big warm cuddly hug.

Linski xxxxxx

Hi Honey, I've not seen you about for a bit and I was wondering how you're doing? Thank you so much for putting things into perspective for me. Realistically I know I'm unlikely to carry on losing at the rate I have been, but even so, 4 stones by Christmas isn't impossible and it would make me the lightest I've been for about 15 years, and also take me almost half-way to my weight loss goal! So thanks again and sending a hug to you too!

You're not being silly, you're being completely normal.

We all have been wanting to lose loads and loads quickly but then it stops, it stops for virtually everyone, and then it will start again.

Don't worry, I know it's easier said than done, but don't, you're doing great :)

Thank you. That's very reassuring. You really are one of the stars of this forum Mixy. Have a hug. x

You are being silly :D But we still love ya!
I think you are right, its a bit of post op blues, you are doing brilliantly....if anyone else was asking thats what you would say.......so chin up! You are a looser and it doesnt matter if its a stone a week or 2lbs a week .............its coming off! (even though we would all love a stone a week) :D Keep up the great work X

You are being silly :D But we still love ya!
I think you are right, its a bit of post op blues, you are doing brilliantly....if anyone else was asking thats what you would say.......so chin up! You are a looser and it doesnt matter if its a stone a week or 2lbs a week .............its coming off! (even though we would all love a stone a week) :D Keep up the great work X

LOL you're absolutely right, I KNOW what I would say to someone else! But just coz you're good at giving advice doesn't mean you're any less fragile! :p:eek:

More's the pity. Thanks for the encouragement sweety. :) xxxxx

I think in everyone who goes through this process, there is always a fear that we just wont lose the weight we want to, alot of that is due to the lies we have learned to believe in the past, like you will never succeed at dieting etc, because we know that is true we always failed, we hold those doubts....but be re-assured your body has been re-plumbed for good and if you follow pouch rules, the weight will keep coming down so instead of dispairing enjoy it, get a kickout of the scales coming down and vary rarely ever going the other way, when was the last time you could almost gaurentee that, the scales would do that??

sorry for being long winded.........................

Yes Charis you are being silly!

As Mixxy says we'd all love to lose big figures every week. Personally i think 4lbs is a big figure. As someone said to me you need to stop concentrating on the figures and look at the health benefits off your surgery. You are now 19lbs lighter, are walking taller and faster (although you haven't noticed yet).

Stop beating yourself up and concentrate on what matters, drinking your fluids, going for a decent poop and generally enjoying LIVING your life xxx

omg thats a great weight loss u should be very proud xx

thats a brilliant loss charis, try and relax and it will fly off. im a bit like you can give advice but not good at recieving it, ha ha.

thats a brilliant loss charis, try and relax and it will fly off. im a bit like you can give advice but not good at recieving it, ha ha.
Thanks Kay. May I ask; how much a week are you losing now? I know I shouldn't compare: BUT I DO!!!!!!!

My hubby goes mad when I say, "but other people......."

He HATES the Internet! LOL He's a total dinosaur. he thinks you're all mad axe murderers stalking me!!!!! :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Thanks Kay. May I ask; how much a week are you losing now? I know I shouldn't compare: BUT I DO!!!!!!!

My hubby goes mad when I say, "but other people......."

He HATES the Internet! LOL He's a total dinosaur. he thinks you're all mad axe murderers stalking me!!!!! :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

like my husband, but he thinks everyone on the net is a bloke i am having an affair with (chance would be a fine thing!)

i lost 3lbs last week but i dont think ive lost anything at all this week, weigh day friday. maureen the dietician today said about a stone a month but everyone is different. tried to find you on facebook but cant. can you add me. kay milburn. the picture is with my dad on my wedding day.... ta kay.

Kay I can't see you either. Could you pm me your e-mail address? Or I'll send you mine.

Hiya, just catching up with this thread. My weight loss has been really slow the last few weeks, I am lucky if I manage to lose two pounds a week. So I don't know how your dietician reckons you will lose a stone a month, wow I would be over the moon if I could lose that much xxxxxx

she did say everyone is different and it does depend on how much youve got to loose, personally i would be pleased with 2lbs a week as when i used to diet it was only half a pound a week.

Back