• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 7 weigh-in

Grace

I'm 7 weeks post-op today. Went for my usual weigh-in at Boots - another 2 pounds lost, making a total of 1 stone 11 pounds since surgery.

I admit to being a little disappointed, since I was hoping to hit the 2 stone mark this week.

I'm wondering if I'm eating enough: I have found it quite tough to eat this past week. And I know I need to exercise; I'm nowhere near as active as I want or need to be. But since I have a cold, my plans to go swimming are on hold as yet.

I just hope that the weight loss will begin to increase a bit. I hoped to lose 3-4 pounds per week post-op. I'm feeling a bit blue today.

Oh bless you Charis. 2lbs is great but I can completely understand yr disappointment too, you'd kinda expect that Weightwatchers not a bypass!

On the plus size your losing steadily, your less likely to have a risk of loose skin & yr shrinking like nobodies business & looking fabulous in yr pinafores. xx

I'm not sure what to advise 'cos as you know I'm pre-op. But loads of people post on here about not eating enough & about protein. Ladylite (Mary) has posted something today which you might find useful.

I know how you feel about not losing as much as you'd like (I've been a stress-head all week) but I suppose we're only human....

You've done excellent so don't get too down..

2lbs off is one hell of alot better than 2lbs on luv - aslong as it is cuming off, you should be fine!
congratulations on your weight loss so far hun your doing really well! you should be porud of yourself! cheer up hun! *BUG HUGS*

Oh bless you Charis. 2lbs is great but I can completely understand yr disappointment too, you'd kinda expect that Weightwatchers not a bypass!

On the plus size your losing steadily, your less likely to have a risk of loose skin & yr shrinking like nobodies business & looking fabulous in yr pinafores. xx

You've got it Linzi! when I was really good at SW I would lose 2-3 pounds every week, sometimes 4. So 2 pounds just isn't cutting it with me. I almost wept on the scales at Boots today.
I know peeps say it's fine, but this golden window of opportunity in the first few months post bypass: I just want to make the most of it.

hi charis. i know how you feel,but just think about what you would say to me in this situation................................

Maybe you may have lost a bit more weekly with the slimming clubs......but you had to keep going back to them or put it all back on; at least with your wls you should put an end to the yo yo.

Have faith you are doing so well Charis, don`t be down on yourself. little steps maybe slow but they get you to the end of the road!

Take Care Love Kat x

Charis hang in there, It feels like its slow at first and then once you really start moving it, you will find the energy to do more and the sizes will drop and you will get excited about that and forget about the weight and suddenly be shocked at how much you have actually lost!!! I found some weeks it was only x2lbs but then it could be as much as 7lbs.... just keep following the rules and the results will come and like someone else said this time its gone and it ain't coming back!!!

So Well Done Matey

Charis hang in there, It feels like its slow at first and then once you really start moving it, you will find the energy to do more and the sizes will drop and you will get excited about that and forget about the weight and suddenly be shocked at how much you have actually lost!!! I found some weeks it was only x2lbs but then it could be as much as 7lbs.... just keep following the rules and the results will come and like someone else said this time its gone and it ain't coming back!!!

So Well Done Matey
Thanks so much Angie. I do know I need to get more active. It's a bit hard because of M.E. still hanging around, but it's getting easier. I'm going go swimming this afternoon.xxx

Back