• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks post op

natashoorrr

And weight loss has stalled this week :( I've read enough comments etc to know that this does happen but I think I ought to start a food diary just to make sure.

Another annoyance at the moment is
1) my phone is broken - argh! It feels like my arm has been cut off!
2) I feel I've the girl who had surgery on e same date has me is really rubbing it in my face!! I've told her to join this site (mainly to see if she is any more truthful) but she has declined. She was very open with me after we'd had surgery and we weighed each other in hospital and she waited 6kg heavier than me. She has now said she has lost 3.9 stone and has dropped 4/5 dress sizes. I've seen a recent pic of her and can't see it. Has anybody else had an experience of this?
3) I've started easing in to solid food. I simply could not take any more mush, so for the past week I've been on mash able foods. I don't know if this is why my weight loss is halting.
4) I keep forgetting to drink as much water as I need!

I think that's all for now :D everything else is going superbly, I've lost around 2st to date (although nothing this week and 2lb last week)

Comparing yourself to anyone else will make you miserable. This is your journey x

It's hard not comparing your weight loss to everyone else's but please don't get disheartened. I had a stall in weight loss for 3 wks but the weight has started to come off again so I'm smiling!!

As for your water intake I found the best way was to always have a glass of water next to me and it was surprising how much more I managed to drink.

I haven't any experience of post-op people maybe fibbing about their weight loss but I do know someone who bottled the gastric op for diet and who now claims to weight 1.5 stones less than me and we started off at the same weight. Like you I can't see that she has lost almost 7 stone, but hey that's her problem. You need to ignore what that lady says and just concentrate on yourself.
Also hope you get your right arm sorted soon lol.

Don't compare...it's difficult but weight loss depends on too many personal factors to be comparable.
For instance, if you've lost much on pre op you will slow down earlier.
I myself am a slow looser but my start weight was quite low compared to other people's.
Can I suggest that not drinking enough water may be one of the causes of your stall? I loose faster when I drink 1.5/2 litres a day. And check your protein intake too. Proteins help loosing faster.

I'll just repeat what others have said. Please don't compare yourself. Everyone is really different. Some people lose it like there is no tomorrow and others it takes longer - it usually evens itself out. Some times when you look at how much someone has lost they are heavier than you to start with or like me they haven't had to do months and months of pre op losses to get their surgery. That can really affect things. Concentrate on you and I'm sure you will feel much better about it all :) x

Back