• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! Feel like i dont know what im doing!

kelly1

Hi everyone, well I had my sleeve done 7th May, so a week tomorrow and I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing re eating! I've been told 4 weeks purée, 2 weeks soft food then on to normal at the 6 weeks mark! Now that's all fine, along with 2ltrs of fluid, 1 pint of milk for my protein and that's about it! So I've been having yogs, soup n custard n that's about it! I manage about 2tsp's a go, tho don't know if I actually feel full? And try to not drink 30 mind either side, I probs have 4 portions of this. Is this wrong? Should I be eating different things? Or more? I feel really sick today, tho the other days I've been doing great!

The bariatric nurse just called to check on me, and I told her all this and she said I could have lightly scrambled eggs, thin mash etc but isn't that soft food?? Argh I dunno :( I don't want to do any of this wrong!! Also ppl seem really conscious of the about of protein there eating, should I be at this stage? Any info would be very very helpful! Feeling very lost :( xxx

Aww Kelly wish I could help and advise but I'm pre-op so wouldn't really be coming at this with any specific knowledge. I've got an appointment with my bariatric dietitian in 1 hour though so I'll see what she advises for me post-op in a week and I'll report back but as I'm sure you will be advised to follow your own providers advice about protein etc. Hold on there, this is probably just a bad day. x

Hi Kelly,

Could you not call your provider back and discuss it with them? I have been given really clear guidance and food suggestions for 6 weeks post op (band) so I know just what is acceptable.

Hang on in there, it sounds like you are doing well and it may be an off day

xx

Hi Kelly,

It's confusing because all different providers seem to give different post op diets. I had my wrap on 20/4 and was on clear fluids only for 2 weeks eg. Water/fruit tea/NAS squash/oxo/bovril/bouillon. I then went to mashed food eg. Mash/mashed veg/scrambled egg/creamcheese/yog/cott cheese/mashed sardines ans M&S toddler food!!!! I'm into my second week of this and then at 6 week post op I can eat anything I want but only in 150ml portions.
Another lady here is allowed ryvita etc as long as its chewed to slop before swallowing!!!!
So, I reckon stick to what you have been told and if in doubt then call the dietician again.
Hope this helps huni.
Good luck
:) x

Sounds like you're doing fine. It's too early to stress about protein at the moment. I'm surprised people don't seem to have to do liquids anymore but if that is your guidance go for it. I'd suggest slim fast or complan to get some goodness in and take your multi vits. As for sickness that could be acid, did they give you meds?

I was 2 tsp at the beginning. You'll feel restriction once you're on proper food so don't worry. Just take it one day at a time. Xx

Thanks everyone! I think it's strange too tealovingsleever, what type of thing were u eating at a week out if you don't mind me asking? I don't wanna damage my sleeve, I'm having to stay at my in-laws atm cos I have a 15month old little boy n my husband is posted away with the RAF! I deffo don't need any set backs lol!

I'm just worried I'm not getting enough food in! Do I count drinks as meals? Like tonight I had a low fat hot choc made with milk to get my proteins up, is that a drink or a meal? Urgh I wish I knew someone to ask these questions!! My dietician is really hard to get hold of! Thanks in advance! Xxxx

I was liquid for 2 weeks. I had 1/2 slim fast in the morning. Took me a good hour, lunch was a couple of spoons of cuppa soup and dinner a few spoons of tomato soup. I also had petit filous and hot choc inbetween. Don't worry about meals or drinks just take in what you can. I felt I was always drinking or eating at the beginning!

I got my post op diet sheet today and I'm being put straight onto puree post op for 2 weeks then work up to solids after that.. no liquid phase but my dietician says I can have liquids aswell if I want or need to. Funny how they are all so different!

I got my post op diet sheet today and I'm being put straight onto puree post op for 2 weeks then work up to solids after that.. no liquid phase but my dietician says I can have liquids aswell if I want or need to. Funny how they are all so different!

Yes, I was on purée straight away then slowly onto solids over the following 4-6 weeks.

Yeah I feel like all I do is eat or drink, or wait these bloody 30 mins in between! Lol! I can't fit it all in my day! I was put straight on purees, but my team have funny ideas of what that is! I hardly count lightly scrambled eggs as purée? Anyhoo ill crack on with it I'm sure! One week surviversary today and I've lost 11lb this week, bringing my total to 3stone! Woo hoo! Now to the next stone :D x

Wow Kelly thats fantastic - well done!

Well done hun! That's great! x

Hi Kelly , I also had my sleeve on 7th May!!!
I have to have liquids for 2 weeks so I'm having milk, cup a soup, smoothies, yoghurts with no bits etc. I seem to have no problem eating a whole mullerlight yoghurt though!!! It takes me about half an hour. Next week I am on purees for 4 weeks so things like mashed potato thinned out with milk, pureed veg and meat pureed with gravy. Also told to puree ready meals down and eat about half the meal. Find it amazing how different hospitals tell you different diets. Also bit worried I can eat too much as others only seem to manage a couple of teaspoons! Oh well, hope you get on ok kelly and well done on your weight loss - I have also lost 11 lbs this week xxx

Hi madcatwoman! Well done on your weightloss! Feels amazing doesn't it! :D another stone off and ill start to feel alot better about myself, ill be thinner then than I have been for a couple of years thank god lol!! So pleased I lost a couple of stone b4 my op now cos at least it's give me a head start! How u getting on? Are u feeling ok? I feel pretty much back to normal! Xx

wow well done to you both madcat n kelly your both doing amazing. Im just on day four after surgery so today I can have milky coffee n soup yayyy cant wait lol. Liquid diet for 1 week then puree soft foods for 1 week then lumps for one week then from week four all foods but dietiatian says if dont feel ready to continue on any of the stages untilim ready to move on. :) good luck ladies keep up updated xx

Hi Kelly and Rickysmrs - I feel great! Can't believe how quickly I am recovering.
Still on liquids - can't wait to try purees on tues. No problems yet with sickness or not tolerating anything. Hope the food stage goes well.
Hope you are both getting on ok xxxx

Back