• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! Feel like i dont know what im doing!

Hiya you two! Well my provider is a bit different, I've been on purees since the beginning so not got anything to look forward to till the soft stage at 4 weeks lol! I think I probably have the better option tho lol! With a lot of the purée u can feel normal so that's nice, like with the soups etc! I know I'm amazed at how well I'm recovered! Feel like I've had nothing done! Ha! How's your scars girls? I have 5 incisions, 4 in a row at the top of my tummy and one on my breast bone! Took the dressings off today and all seem fine! But itchy tho which drives me mad! How much are u both wanting to loose? I'm 18.4 now and it would be lovely to hit 10.6- making it 11stone tht if lost an giving me a healthy BMI! Eeee it hardly seems real that its gonna happen lol xx

Hi Kelly got 7 scars - I had some adhesions removed as well , they are all healing nicely, but like you say, itchy.
I was 20st 8 when I first went in sept to an appt
I got down to 19st 3 before the op
I am now 18st 4 and hoping to get down to 10st ish
Can't wait til Tues when I start on purees so fed up with soup xxxxx

Hiya madcatwoman!

Seems we'll be taking a very similar journey together, same weight now, wanting to be about the same weight and both sleevers! Be interesting to see how we both get on! Here's to being healthy skinny minis this time next year ey!! Xx

That would be fantastic!!!! Just had half a sachet of ready brek and i'm stuffed!
So glad to be on purees now. Got cottage pie for tea yum!!! :)

I was sleeved on May 7th too!
And, as Madcatwoman said, I too am afraid of overeating. Most of you ladies can manage a spoonful or two while I can eat a whole yogurt (125ml) without problems.
My meals are still liquid (and no milk allowed yet) and I've had 200ml of thinned (with water) veggie soup for dinner with no problems.

Hi Bally I seem to be able to eat more than I thought but put my cals into myfitnesspal and only comes to 800! So decided not to worry as I reckon we need to be eating 1000-1200 eventually when on solid food!

I think the more nutrition we can get in the better as it will help healing and energy levels and stop our bodies going into starvation mode.

:)

Hi gurls! welcome bally!! I'm definitely starting to be able to eat more, I finished a kids size petit filous this morning for the first time! Was quite proud of myself lol! I've lost 5lb this week, was hoping for 7 but I know I'm being totally ridiculous lol I just can't wait to be thinner lol! Plus my hubby has been away for 15 weeks as he's in the RAF and is posted abroad, and he gets back in two weeks and I just want as much gone as possible for that! I've now lost 3st 5lb, and that's pretty much been since he went so I'm so excited for him to see me! There's a massive difference already :D hoping for another 9lb over these couple of weeks to make it 4 stone!! How are u all doing? Xx

Hi Kelly. Your weight loss is impressive! Well done! I would be excited too. I lost 5.4kg (something like 11lbs, I suppose) in 2 weeks and quite happy about it.
@Madcatwoman: I'm only eating 500 calories at this stage. I am not worrying about calories at the moment but afraid of stretching the pouch.

Hey Kelly bet your hubby will be proud of you!!!!

Bally I haven't been able to eat such large portions today, felt a bit sick after tea which was chicken and leek bake pureed. Don't know if I ate too much or if it was the cheesy sauce. Do you stop at the first sign of fullness? I,ve been waiting for the first few mouthfuls to go down then eating a bit more up to half an hour then throwing whats left. Not sure if this is right but worried my hair will fall out if i don't eat enough cals /protein. Presume we will be able to eat more as time goes on???:confused:

Bally I haven't been able to eat such large portions today, felt a bit sick after tea which was chicken and leek bake pureed. Don't know if I ate too much or if it was the cheesy sauce. Do you stop at the first sign of fullness? I,ve been waiting for the first few mouthfuls to go down then eating a bit more up to half an hour then throwing whats left. Not sure if this is right but worried my hair will fall out if i don't eat enough cals /protein. Presume we will be able to eat more as time goes on???:confused:

Madcatwoman, I found out today - my first day on mushy food - that I too cannot manage large portions.
Mushy food is very different from liquids.
I only had 2 very tiny Ikea meatballs and 30gr. mash for lunch and felt as if I had had a 3-course meal.
I'm still trying to learn to eat slowly and chew well. It took me ten minutes to finish the 2 meatballs and when I felt full I stopped and didn't try to have anything else.
I didn't worry about protein intake at the liquid stage but I suppose I should begin considering the problem now. I have an appointment with my dietitian on the 29th to discuss the mushy stage, protein intake and supplements.
Have you discussed the protein problem with your provider? You could probably supplement proteins by adding some whey protein powder.

Madcatwoman, I found out today - my first day on mushy food - that I too cannot manage large portions.
Mushy food is very different from liquids.
I only had 2 very tiny Ikea meatballs and 30gr. mash for lunch and felt as if I had had a 3-course meal.
I'm still trying to learn to eat slowly and chew well. It took me ten minutes to finish the 2 meatballs and when I felt full I stopped and didn't try to have anything else.
I didn't worry about protein intake at the liquid stage but I suppose I should begin considering the problem now. I have an appointment with my dietitian on the 29th to discuss the mushy stage, protein intake and supplements.
Have you discussed the protein problem with your provider? You could probably supplement proteins by adding some whey protein powder.

Bally,
Easiest way to supplement protein without subjecting yourself to yucky protein shakes and excess calories is to take Spirulina tablets. They are a natural seaweed supplement that you take up,to 6 a day. Each tablet is 10g of protein and 6 tablets are 10 calories
You can buy them from amazon.....rainforest foods spirulina tablets are the best value for money.
I either take 3 or 6 depending on how busy I am and how well I have planned my protein intake for the day
Good luck
:) x

Mrs df,
I'd never heard of spirulina tablets before. I'll check amazon tomorrow morning first thing. It would be great to have tablets instead of expensive (and yucky) powder. Thanks!!!

Mrs df,
I'd never heard of spirulina tablets before. I'll check amazon tomorrow morning first thing. It would be great to have tablets instead of expensive (and yucky) powder. Thanks!!!

They are a health food supplement usually used by athletes and dedicated juicers.
I used these before my accident but only because I knew they were good for me not because they were a massive protein boost. I was a dedicated competitive runner before my disabling accident and subsequent weight gain.(I know,I know...... Why cant I do this without WLS?. It's because I was disabled and unable to exercise and continued to eat about 2500 cals daily which was what I needed when I was training!!)
I have a friend who is a Canadian Olympian sailor and she has been taking spirulina in powder and tablet form since her first Olympics 8 yrs ago. And this is advised by her national Olympic training team.
It's a well kept secret that I really want to share with the WLS community because I know it will really help.
If you take protein within 1 hour of waking then your body will start to work and burn fat not muscle and continue throughout the day. If you then put more protein in the afternoon then you will continue to burn.
Research it if you want more info but if you google protein and weight loss you will be surprised.
Hugs xxxx

They are a health food supplement usually used by athletes and dedicated juicers.
I used these before my accident but only because I knew they were good for me not because they were a massive protein boost. I was a dedicated competitive runner before my disabling accident and subsequent weight gain.(I know,I know...... Why cant I do this without WLS?. It's because I was disabled and unable to exercise and continued to eat about 2500 cals daily which was what I needed when I was training!!)
I have a friend who is a Canadian Olympian sailor and she has been taking spirulina in powder and tablet form since her first Olympics 8 yrs ago. And this is advised by her national Olympic training team.
It's a well kept secret that I really want to share with the WLS community because I know it will really help.
If you take protein within 1 hour of waking then your body will start to work and burn fat not muscle and continue throughout the day. If you then put more protein in the afternoon then you will continue to burn.
Research it if you want more info but if you google protein and weight loss you will be surprised.
Hugs xxxx

I really need to get some of this :) :) :) xx

Hugs xxxx

Wow I've missed loads since I went away. Will definitely be ordering some of these!!!! Thanks Sarah xx

Mrs df,
I checked amazon and googled a bit but couldn't find tablets with 10g of protein. Most tablets seem to weigh less than 1g each so cannot contain 10g of proteins.
Anyway a 10g tablet would be a very large tablet that couldn't be swallowed unless crushed.
I'm sure I'm missing some clue. Could you please post a link?

Mrs df,
I checked amazon and googled a bit but couldn't find tablets with 10g of protein. Most tablets seem to weigh less than 1g each so cannot contain 10g of proteins.
Anyway a 10g tablet would be a very large tablet that couldn't be swallowed unless crushed.
I'm sure I'm missing some clue. Could you please post a link?

Bally, I'm at a job interview this morning then off to Stoke to look after my daughter who is having an op today. My bottle of tablets are at home and I'm back on Saturday night. Bear with me and I will check when I'm home and let you know.
My bottle didn't have e specific tablet grammage only by each 100g. I weighed out 100g then divided it by amount of tablets and it came out at 10g per tablet. I will have to do this again. It might be my rubbish maths but I will double check for you.
Xxx

Bally, I'm at a job interview this morning then off to Stoke to look after my daughter who is having an op today. My bottle of tablets are at home and I'm back on Saturday night. Bear with me and I will check when I'm home and let you know.
My bottle didn't have e specific tablet grammage only by each 100g. I weighed out 100g then divided it by amount of tablets and it came out at 10g per tablet. I will have to do this again. It might be my rubbish maths but I will double check for you.
Xxx

Good luck with the interview and hope your daughters op goes well xxx

Hi Mrs df I am NHS and they say don't take protein shakes or supplements, all the protein should come from food. I won't be seeing the dietitian for another 4 weeks but I suppose I could try to contact her. I am thinking about supplementing my protein despite what they say as I cannot fit it all in from food yet.
BTW I live in Stoke so you will be in my neck of the woods!!!! Hope your daughter is ok x

Back