• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4HealthyWeight

Heather1992

Hello everyone!

So i am currently on tier 3, was refered in Febuary 2015 and have been attended all intensive group sessions, they said they look at sending my case up after 9 months.

My question is did anyone not lose a lot of weight but still got approved for funding. I am trying so hard but the numbers wont budge! and I am so worried they will turn me down. I have really enagaged in all meetings and attended everything.

I still have til November but it really is playing on my mind.

I am just starting my tier 3 too.I think you just have to convince them that you are totally commited really.As long as you maintain that is the main thing.
Do you mind me asking why 9 mths? Do you have co morbisities and extra health problems?
November will soon come round.

no nothing special, its just thats when they said they start looking at refering me for surgery, Your with the service for a year, if you bmi is above 50 then its 6 months and if it is below its 9 months. I hope so. i havnt gained weight for the first time in a very long time which is a start!

Hi Heather,
I did my tier 3 in Maidstone with 4healthyweight! I only lost 1kg, they held back my mdt decision meeting as I'd not lost any at 9 months, so it was done at 10 months, I was then missed and had to call the manager to ask for the final decision.
My advice to you would be to lose as much as you are able to before 9 months! Try tracking everything you eat on my fitness pal app! I'm finding it useful as I have to lose weight before my next appointment at the hospital! X

I think it's important to lose something on tier 3, I was told on my tier 3 also 4HealthyWeight that one needs to loose at least 5-10kg in 9 months depending on their initial starting weight. I started at 119kg and was 111.2 by my last appointment - I then got referred for surgery to ST Richards, waited 6 weeks for my MDT and was 113kg at that appointment- then waited a further 6 months for my surgery date and pre op appt - by the time I weighed in for my pre op appt I was back up to 119.4kg. They did t say anything at the pre op that I'd gained all my weight back. Day of op I weighed 113.2 after milk diet for two weeks. Op was 13/5/2015 and today I weigh 87kg. Still a good 25kg to go but the wait and hard work is worth it!

Hello. So just an update to anyone who has ready this :) the decision was made to refer me to tier 4 in December :) I hadn't actually lost any weight but I had been to florida for 3 weeks and managed to lose what I had put on which I was chuffed with. I have chosen Chelsea and Westminster so hopefull will be getting my first appointment with them soon!

Good luck, Heather. Its great you got moved to tier 4. good luck with the rest of your journey. Keep us updated! :)

Good luck Heather! I put on during my tier 3, but since starting tier 4 and having my appointments I have shifted nearly 10% of my start weight! It somehow just clicked, too important to muck up I suppose! Look forward to hearing your updates! Xx

All the very best

Back