• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 day pouch test

happy days

Starting the 5 day pouch test on Monday so hoping that will kick start the weight loss. Lost just over 11 stone so far but really struggling to get this last bit off. More importantly iam hoping that this 5 day will break the carb cycle.

good luck always best to go back to the start when having a weight stall. xx

good luck happy :) xxx

Good Luck hope it gives you the kick start you need xx

Good luck hope it wrks x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

From what I've been reading the majority have lost between 5 and 12 pound so it's got to be worth a shot. Dreading the first two days of liquid only as I've never had to do that before

happy days said:
From what I've been reading the majority have lost between 5 and 12 pound so it's got to be worth a shot. Dreading the first two days of liquid only as I've never had to do that before

Good luck! I am in pre op and it's day 2 of liquid only. It's lurvly loool

You will be fine and it will do exactly what you want it to do :)

Well done on your 11st loss so far! X

In exactly the same way as all fad crash diets work the bulk of the weight lost is just fluid that goes back on. Ten pounds of fat would equate to 35,000 calories so unless your intake reduces by 7,000 calories a day for the five days it would not be fat that is metabolised. Even half of this would require you to have been eating around 5,500 calories a day currently which I very much doubt you are honey.

The only benefit of the 5dpt is that if you follow it to the letter it might get your eating habits back to the basics of high protein very low carbs. Good luck with it

Karlos said:
In exactly the same way as all fad crash diets work the bulk of the weight lost is just fluid that goes back on. Ten pounds of fat would equate to 35,000 calories so unless your intake reduces by 7,000 calories a day for the five days it would not be fat that is metabolised. Even half of this would require you to have been eating around 5,500 calories a day currently which I very much doubt you are honey.

The only benefit of the 5dpt is that if you follow it to the letter it might get your eating habits back to the basics of high protein very low carbs. Good luck with it

I think that's all I need Karlos just to go back to basics and stop with all the carbs. I think it's me panicking as the first 11 stone come off very steady and now I just can't shift this last stone. Seem to be losing a pound then gaining it a week later but still have a average intake of 1200 Cals a day.

If it resets your brain and nothing else it will be worth it :)

Paul-H said:
Hi guys

So for the silly question, but what's the 5 day pouch test?

Paul

Sorry don't know I just wanted to say Congrats on your op and hope you are resting :) x

Paul-H said:
Hi guys

So for the silly question, but what's the 5 day pouch test?

Paul

I think it's 5 days of going back to the liquid phase. Think it helps get restriction back or reset the eating too (but may be totally wrong. Just my interpretation lol) x

It's basically 2 days of liquid then 3rd day soft protein then 4th day soft meat 5th day solid protein. Just no fruit veg or carbs.

Well that's my 5 days done. Lost 7lbs which I will probly put back on once I resume eating normally. But most important I have some retention back. It's great to start feeling full again and have really upped my fluids and cut the crap out.

Well done!!!

Glad you have restriction back. I bet if you go back to the rules of the pouch, you wont gain it all back :)

Fuffs said:
Well done!!!

Glad you have restriction back. I bet if you go back to the rules of the pouch, you wont gain it all back :)

Fuffs
I forgot how to use my pouch to it's full potential. I've actually enjoyed the experience x

Back