• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days post op

missyhinz

Hi all,

I'm new on here.
I just had my gastric bypass on Monday 30th July at uclh.
I seem okay not much pain apart from one of the port sites which is bruised up!
I think my main problem is not being hungry and not managing much fluids as recommended!
I know that's not that good but if I force myself I feel really uncomfortable!

Not sure what to do? Anyone experience this?

Thank you Hina

hiya Hina :) welcome to the site, i cant help you im afraid, as i didnt have a bypass. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can help, good luck :) xxx

Hi there, i wont be much help either chick, im having mine on the 27th so not long to go.

Just wanted to say congratulations on your surgery and hope somone can help you with your fluids, do keep updating x

misshell said:
Hi there, i wont be much help either chick, im having mine on the 27th so not long to go.

Just wanted to say congratulations on your surgery and hope somone can help you with your fluids, do keep updating x

Good luck misshell, I'm sure u will b fine n all will b okay!

Hopefully someone can help me out!
Xx

Caren said:
hiya Hina :) welcome to the site, i cant help you im afraid, as i didnt have a bypass. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can help, good luck :) xxx

Thank you Caren!
xx

Hello I had mine on the 12th july, I had trouble drinking or rather sipping for a few days but it does get easier, I took little sips all day long and when I pushed myself to have it I must admit I felt so much better. I found warm coffee and soup the easiest and had peppermint cordial from morrisons that helped with the wind although I was lucky and didnt and still dont get much. Hope you find things easier in the next few days it does get better. x

jillyiant said:
Hello I had mine on the 12th july, I had trouble drinking or rather sipping for a few days but it does get easier, I took little sips all day long and when I pushed myself to have it I must admit I felt so much better. I found warm coffee and soup the easiest and had peppermint cordial from morrisons that helped with the wind although I was lucky and didnt and still dont get much. Hope you find things easier in the next few days it does get better. x

Thank you Jillyiant! I just had some soup n that did help to be honest, I guess I will just hve to push myself and increase gradually. Well done to you and keep up with the good work! Will keep you all posted on how I am getting on!

X

I have no appetite & never want to eat so have to be strict with trying to get nutrition & fluids. Bizarre turnaround coz used to eat heartily! I am a sleever. I find Emni cafe lattes tesco or sainsbury stock them very nice they ar low fat & low calorie with 5.8 g protein. I try to have 1 for brekkie 1/2 hour before my weetabix. I then try to have another 2 through the dy & this give 750 ml fluid in he bank so to speak. I have gone off tea & hate articifial sweetener so NAS squash not tht nice for me. Do like the high juice NAS one from M & S though. I fill a 500 ml bottle with 1/3 orange juice & 2/3 water then sip slowly through day & refill accordingly & I generally make the 2 litres with the lattes. I also have Nescafé latte sachets as a treat occasionally made with hot water.hope that helps.

Hi Missyhinz and welcome. Sorry cant help as im having my bypass on 13th august. Good luck on your weightloss journey and keep us updated xxx

Bellydancer57 said:
I have no appetite & never want to eat so have to be strict with trying to get nutrition & fluids. Bizarre turnaround coz used to eat heartily! I am a sleever. I find Emni cafe lattes tesco or sainsbury stock them very nice they ar low fat & low calorie with 5.8 g protein. I try to have 1 for brekkie 1/2 hour before my weetabix. I then try to have another 2 through the dy & this give 750 ml fluid in he bank so to speak. I have gone off tea & hate articifial sweetener so NAS squash not tht nice for me. Do like the high juice NAS one from M & S though. I fill a 500 ml bottle with 1/3 orange juice & 2/3 water then sip slowly through day & refill accordingly & I generally make the 2 litres with the lattes. I also have Nescafé latte sachets as a treat occasionally made with hot water.hope that helps.

Thank you do much really helps!
Will c how I get on must admit turns out today has been a better day! Let's c xx

dimond said:
Hi Missyhinz and welcome. Sorry cant help as im having my bypass on 13th august. Good luck on your weightloss journey and keep us updated xxx

Thank you dimond!
Good luck with your op!
I think I'm looking forward to the weightloss but it's not easy no pain no game as they say!
xx

Thank you do much really helps!
Will c how I get on must admit turns out today has been a better day! Let's c xx

Good luck & let us know how you get on. We all have good & not so good days & it is a learning curve.

Hi

I had my bypass on 17 July this is the first week I think I can truly drink freely. After op hot was better, and tea better than coffee, mint tea good for the dreaded wind and I found it easier than cordial. Didn't have much pain, but so itchy where the dressings were! Just take it easy and give yourself time to heal inside and out.

dottydalmation said:
Hi

I had my bypass on 17 July this is the first week I think I can truly drink freely. After op hot was better, and tea better than coffee, mint tea good for the dreaded wind and I found it easier than cordial. Didn't have much pain, but so itchy where the dressings were! Just take it easy and give yourself time to heal inside and out.

Hi dottydalmation,
Ur doing well! Excellent! I think it's early days so but today has been slightly better! I found peppermint tea was good for wind so have been having that! Pain is okay! They actually glued my port sights but found today the glue peeling off so wen I had a shower it's slightly wet! Will cover the particular site before showering n will get it checked by docs on Monday!
Just trying to rest n walk about!

Xx

Hi all,

Im now 8 days post op n had enough of the free fluids! This morning I had a glass of milk, around 10:30 a weetabix with ss milk!
Luckily have managed to keep the weetabix down all has been okay!
I have no pain but just finding it difficult to sleep at night!

I'm trying to follow the post op diet according to what I have been given but can't manage it as not feeling totally hungry!

I think now if I can tolerate the puréed stage which I'm trying today then will just carry on with that but do u think it's too soon? Not sure?

Hina xxx

dimond said:

Good luck with the op diamond and wishing you a very speedy recovery, take care x

Hi all,

Im now 8 days post op n had enough of the free fluids! This morning I had a glass of milk, around 10:30 a weetabix with ss milk!
Luckily have managed to keep the weetabix down all has been okay!
I have no pain but just finding it difficult to sleep at night!

Hi I went straight onto the puree diet for 4 weeks till i could go on rougher textured foods, so would think you will be ok but just take it easy and make sure everything is well blended add water if you need to to make things thinner and runny enough to get down ok without pain or that something feels stuck. Try to keep up with the watre inbetween i know its difficult but you have to do it. Keep set meal times and snack time in between 5 small meals aday was recommended to me with wate rin between i was always either eating and drinking. xx was all day every day very tedious i know x

:rolleyes:xxx

I'm trying to follow the post op diet according to what I have been given but can't manage it as not feeling totally hungry!

I think now if I can tolerate the puréed stage which I'm trying today then will just carry on with that but do u think it's too soon? Not sure?

Hina xxx

my message has gone in between yours sorry x

Thanks Brenda x

Back