• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days post op , having lost 5 stone on pre op what should i espect now

masher

hi guys had my op on friday and was hme friday eve , in soooo much pain and bruised etc , am on liquids for 4-6 weeks with slim fast shakes, i lost 5 stone from 8th nov 2011 till 10 feb 2012 should i lose more straight away or not until i had band fill in 10 weeks ?

wow that's a quick turn around, glad you seem to be doing well though :) i don't know anything about bands sorry but just wanted to say good luck and well done xx

Wow...5 stones lost already, well done. I am having a band fitted in June and will be a Day case, too...hope you start to feel better very soon. Wish you continued success.

Hi masher - well done on the pre-op weight loss. There is absolutely no reason why this should not continue for the first 4-6 weeks post-op whilst you are on liquids. During this liquid stage, the volume is more important than the total calories.

Once you move onto purees, then soft then hard/crunchy foods then you need to be thinking more about calorific intake.

Until my first fill, as I had no restriction, I kept to my WW points and lost an average 2lbs per week.

Good luck. The pain won't last long.

I've lost every week apart from Xmas week and that of my 40th birthday so will let you draw your own conclusions!!

That's one hell of a loss but in short being on liquid you should still be losing post op! Don't rely on the first fill either to work like magic as its still all about what we put down!!! :)

Good work!!

Im wondering the same, lost 74lb pre op but think post op will be slower.

Back