• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days post op

emmakc said:
I was just wondering how you are getting on now? Hope you are ok

Hey emmakc,

I'm doing much better thank you!
The only thing is I'm struggling to get my protein in! I get about 30-40 but it's still not enough n some days it's bad!
Touchwood I seem to be well otherwise!

Hina
X

was wondering can i ask you a few questions :0) i have been referred to UCLH for wls.. I have my first appointment next month.. what happens at this appointment? when did you know you had funding? & do u know the criteria for funding at UCLH ?? Thanks for your help :0)

linda123 said:
was wondering can i ask you a few questions :0) i have been referred to UCLH for wls.. I have my first appointment next month.. what happens at this appointment? when did you know you had funding? & do u know the criteria for funding at UCLH ?? Thanks for your help :0)

Hi Linda,
Well at your first appt you will prob see the consultant who will discuss all the types of wls and what they think will be best for you! You also see the nurse who will go through the options n the diet with u and get weighed etc!

After this they will discuss you at there MDT meeting and confirm if they accept you, but depending on funding which is agreed by you PCT for me this was Brent! I received funding based on my PCOS! Once your PCT agree then its all go go go and you will receive appts from UCLH for further tests etc! It was quite straight forward once they had the go ahead from your PCT!

If you want any further info give me a shout!
Good luck with you appt and let me know how you get on!

Tk cr Hina

Thank you for yr reply missyhinz .. I have PCOS but didnt think that mattered when trying for funding with nhs as its not a co-morbidities .. My bmi is 46 & if i have been reading right the stuff on net i need bmi of 40 + & have tried to lose weight by attending a weight management programme to be able to get funding...I have been to see a dietitian... All i can do it keep my fingers crossed :0)

linda123 said:
Thank you for yr reply missyhinz .. I have PCOS but didnt think that mattered when trying for funding with nhs as its not a co-morbidities .. My bmi is 46 & if i have been reading right the stuff on net i need bmi of 40 + & have tried to lose weight by attending a weight management programme to be able to get funding...I have been to see a dietitian... All i can do it keep my fingers crossed :0)

One of the criteria I had put forward for my funding was pcos with the nhs,and my bmi was 50.1 and I had my bypass done 2 yrs ago x

linda123 said:

Hi Linda,

My criteria is similar to yours but it all depends on your PCT! I'm sure you will be fine especially with your above criteria! Fingers crossed for you! X

Hey all,

It's been ages I have not posted. Having had my gastric bypass on 31st July 2012 at starting weight of 237lbs and now weighing 188.8lbs as of today. I have lost a total of 3st 6.4lbs. I'm really happy as I know I would never have been able to do it myself. I have my 6 month review with the consultant on the 30th January. The last 3 weeks I had my first stall n then lost 1.4lbs I just think I'm not loosing enough compared to many people. I'm still following all the guidelines n exercising at the gym 3-4 times a week n almost 2l of water. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I still want to loose another 3stones but just think its very very slow. Max weight loss per week is about 1lb or 2lbs that's all. What do you all think?
Don't get me wrong I am happy with weightless but not too the extent that I guess I should be. I used to wear size 22 clothes now fit into size 16 which is fantastic cant even remember when I was last a size 16.

Hina xxx

Back