• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks bypass at Chelsea and Westminster

Nini76

Hi everyone

I have been reading all the previous threads and wanted to say thank you to everyone-I am able to find answers to most of my concerns and question. I have my bypass in 5 weeks and I an scared!!!! Looking forward to it but at the same time worried about having the actual op and the recovery.

I am a natural planner/panic prone person, to feel in control I have to know everything about everything.

I currently weight 120kg down from 137kg this time last year. My journey seems to have been shorter than others I saw my gp in April and after all the normal checks/assessments I was accepted for surgery in November, I don't have any other medical problems apart from asthma and ME/fibromyalgia. The surgery should improve my condition and make me less tired and be in less pain. And I really want to wear a short skirt- not a tarty one a classy one, lol!!

My family don't seem to or want to understand to them it's the easy way out. Wish they could be in my shoes for a week and see how it feels. After a huge argument with my other half he now understand.

How have your families reacted to your surgery? I am having my surgery on the 2nd April anyone alas around the same time?

Thanks for reading my rant.

Melanie xx

Congrats on ur date hun it will soon be here I'm having mine on the 13march n tbh I've told no one except my other half as I don't want all the negative comments ie try another diet ect good luck on ur journey xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

When I told my brother he went mad, saying its a waste of money and think about all the extra money I am gonna spend afterwards on plastics and too risky.
Mum is very supportive only told one friend, plus I wasn't planning on tellin my boss unless she asked down the line but after my last appointment I have been told I won't be able to do the main part of my job for 6 weeks unless there is the right equipment in place for lifting which fingers crossed should be in the end of march but looks like I am gonna have to tell her incase it isn't, as only booked 2 weeks off from what I was advised.

Back