• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks post gastric bypass

LadyH

Hello all.

This is my first time on any kind of forum, but I met a lady today who convinced me that joining would be a good thing to do.

I'm 5 weeks post gastric bypass and I'm here to answer any questions that you may have if you're contemplating surgery (I struggled to find decent info. pre op).

I've done conventional diets, prescription drugs and VLCD's and always lost several stone, but have also always put the weight back on.

I would love to share my experiences with other members and offer advice where I can.

Hi lady h and welcome to minis, i havent had a bypass, i had a band fitted 5 months ago but did notice that your location is cambridge and i am also from the cambridge area. julie

I looked at prices at the spire hospital, but like you found it so expensive so had mine done through wga at dolan park in bromsgrove. I have since gone on to lose just under three stone, but have found the weightloss to have slowed down now, but only have about a stone to go so i have just got to learn not to be so impatient. How are things going for you?

hi ladyh, im a bander but welcome to minis all advice welcome here.

liz x

Liz, how come you've had 2 gastric bands?

my band just basically kicked the bucket after 3.5 years, nothing i did wrong it just broke down, they said it had to come out n be replaced they did that op last august and im fine, its just 1 of those things that can happen to banders, i drew the short straw and had to have it done, i dont see it as a negitive thing but just a small section/part of my weight loss journey since i started this process.

liz x

Hi Lady H, welcome to minimins! You have come to the right place to give/receive friendship and support. We are friendly bunch and have people in all stages (pre & post op) so jump on in and have a look around. Many of us have diary type threads which can be very good reading. I had my gastric bypass almost six months ago (next week) and have lost over 7stone. I had my surgery at Salford Royal, Manchester area.

Take care,
Nic;)

Hi There Lady H

Well done on your weight loss. I'm happy to see your experience has been a good one.

I have not had anything done as yet but hoping to get a bypass in the future so I'd love to know your journey.

Snow xxx

:DHey Julieann and Lady H its me :D
I'm so glad you joined Lady H it was really lovely to meet you today and I really really hope you get some great support and meet so fab new friends just like I have.

JulieAnn you too babe it was lovely to meet you a great surprise to find I was sitting next to the only other mini in the support group :D

Hi LadyH, welcome to Mini's :)

Am 9 1/2 months out myself, and practically at target. You'll find a huge range of timescales here for pre and post op :)

Hi ladyH welcome to mini's :) i am 15 weeks post op and have no regrets about having had it despite some complications early on

Oh my gosh ladyH you know how to make me blush! Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad to be of help.

I've lost 2 stone in 5 weeks (good).

I'm feeling pretty isolated at the moment (for various personal reasons), so I would really welcome some online buddies as my weight loss is my only focus at the moment.

Don't feel isolated hun your amongst friends, you can talk to us anytime.

Back