• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chelsea & Westminster Hospital

hakies

Hi everybody,

I was referred to C & W for Bypass and had my first appointment in October. Since then I have had a lot of test, including sleep test, but I haven't had any news about funding. My BMI is 32 and weight is 92 kg which is below required criteria of 35 BMI. I was referred to this surgery due to poor my Diebatic control.

My question is
A. Has anybody in my situation given funding
B. has anybody had this surgery at C & W, if so, how did they find it

Hakie

Hi Hakie
I'm not sure of the answer to this one either. I do know the surgeon who did my bypass, Mr. Shamsi El Hasani, has written a few papers on gastric bypass being performed for treatment of unstable diabetes. Where do you live? I was wondering if you could get your GP to refer you to him at the Princess Royal Unicersity Hospital in Orpington. I know he sees patients from out-of-borough.

Welcome also to the forum

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah
I live in Harrow. My GP, Diabetic consultant and Bariatric surgeon are very helpful. Hopefully I will get the funding soon, if not, then I will fight for it:). Meanwhile I am enjoying my food!!

Thanks for your comments.

Hakie

Hi Sarah,

Just noticed you had your op very recently. How is it going? Whats recovery like? How is weight loss?

Hope all goes well for you.

Kind regards,

Hakie

Hi All,

I have a problem! I was told by my GP, back in November, that he has applied for funds for my bariatic bypass. When I didn't hear anything from him I went back to surgery and was told that they haven't heard anything and were going to re-apply. Having no news I decide to approach PCT myself and was told that they have no record of receiving any request from my GP.

Has anybody experienced such situation? How was it resolved?

Hakie

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back