• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi i`m new and booked into chelsea and westminster hospital

belbouteloup

Good evening, my first time on here,so here goes am 36 and 15 stone, have 2 kids of 17 months and 3 and i have been battling my weight most of my adult weight, i have been accepted for surgery at the chelsea and westminster hospital in London. Have had many appointments so far with the team there and am meeting my surgeon next thur who will give me my date:)
has anyone been or due for an op there ? anyway just wanted to say hi and how glad i am to have found this fantastic site.:D

Hi and welcome to minis. Sorry i had my op at Manchester Royal Infirmary. What op are you having? bet you can't wait to get your date x

hi and good luck, i am awaiting funding and love hearing other peoples journeys so anything that will help me a long my path would b great, i am on the milk diet as my gp said it would help me with my op and get me through quicker, did u do the pre op diet, i have done 5 days today. x

Hi thanks for your lovely replies, well to be honest am in a bit of a pickle, i originaly wanted the band fitted, but after much research i have decided that the bypass is the only way for me, as i had a BMI of 36 they said i was at the lower end of the scale and maybe a band is best, i dont want this at all, i want the bypass ! i know it sounds pathetic but have been stuffing myself silly, to increase my BMI so when i meet the surgeon next week, he might say i can have the bypass. i feel terrible, tired & spotty,infact i look like a hogwart.but am so desperate. feel so mis today, i just want to be happy and healthy and not get tired when i`m with my kids. sorry for rant but have no one else to talk too xxxxxxxx

hi and welcome to this great site!!
thats great news that your having op done soon..
i had my op in bromsgrove so sos cant help on the hospital side.
i had a band private is your op being funded hun?
emma

Hi there, just wanted to say welcome to Minis and good luck on your journey - keep posting to let us know all of your news and you will soon make lots of new friends :)

Hi belbouteloup

Can i ask why it is you want or feel you need a bypass rather than a band ? worth bearing in mind the bypass isn't very easy to reverse and offers a different set of complications.
I'm not any sort of medical authority but at 16 stone with a BMI of 36 you would probably do very well with a band ! others here have done already.

To me its sounds a bit mad to be cramming on weight just to make your BMI higher to be accepted for the bypass, only to have to lose that weight again post op :(

I started with a BMI of 50 and was considered a suitable candidate for a bypass, though initially i wanted a band fitted !

Rgds Richard

Hi and welcome to Mini's :D You might find it helpful on here to read a few people's diary threads for bands and bypasses, to get an idea of how it is from the patients perspective.

Jump in and get to know everyone, you'll find all the support you need :)

hi i know the feeling wif having to eat more just to get my bmi at the amount they think is right, i wanna feel and look good for my kids and am trying really hard to lose weight, i realy do wish u well and i hope that you feel better in yourself soon love x

Hi thanks for your lovely replies, well to be honest am in a bit of a pickle, i originaly wanted the band fitted, but after much research i have decided that the bypass is the only way for me, as i had a BMI of 36 they said i was at the lower end of the scale and maybe a band is best, i dont want this at all, i want the bypass ! i know it sounds pathetic but have been stuffing myself silly, to increase my BMI so when i meet the surgeon next week, he might say i can have the bypass. i feel terrible, tired & spotty,infact i look like a hogwart.but am so desperate. feel so mis today, i just want to be happy and healthy and not get tired when i`m with my kids. sorry for rant but have no one else to talk too xxxxxxxx
Hi, you have to decide what you feel is best for you. either option has it's advantages and disadvantages. i choose the bypass as i felt it was my last ditch attempt to get healthy and see my 2 beautiful children grow up and given i'm only 32 i hated the thought of gaining weight again. As Shelbell has said some others have put fantastic blog enteries on their experiences. have a read and don't feel you are ranting on. we are all on this site due to weight issues. People on here are so friendly and helpful! any advice or support you need we are here x

Back