• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks post op and a bit lost

TinaBee

Hi All
I was banded on April 16th and its been a rollercoaster ride both physically and mentally. After my op at Spire Parkway with Mr Super i first of all had subphrenic absess and then hiatus hernia! its not been fun and ive had alot of pain and discomfort. Since my op ive lost a stone and half but that has now almost completely stopped. I have my first fill in two weeks time. Once the discomfort had started to pass i found i could eat pretty much normally. I feel like im stuck in limbo land. Did anyone else experience this? I never expected to be able to eat normally again but it just got easier. When i have the first fill will i get back on track. Im worried ive blown it completly and its £6500 down the drain! Ive also found that emotionally i have been all over the place. I went from feeling excited to being very down and very scared. I think this is because i am firmly out of my comfort zone.
Sorry to whinge on but feeling lost.
Hope you are all doing ok xxxx

I have no idea as I am pre band but just wanted to say that someone will be along soon and I am sure you are not alone with these feeling or this stubborn weight loss. xxxx

HiYa Tina,
I can't really help with your questions as I had the Bypass, But from what I gather You sound completley normal to me.
You have done so well so far by losing a stone & a half.
I have heard that you will start to loose more weight after your first fill, when you get the restriction you need. Don't worry, You haven't wasted your money and it will work.
Their are loads of people on here with bands who will be able to help more and I am sure they will be along soon to help more.
Good luck!

your band provider should have explained this to you makes me cross they dont seem to. it is totally normal you have no restriction in your band, the initial restriction comes from your tummy being swollen from op as that goes down you can eat as befor, with each fill you get you will be able to eat less, but the first one or two depending on how much they give you in the fill tend to make it harder to eat certain foods and the portion control comes after that, its taken me 4 fills to get to the sweet spot , you will get there but it takes time so dont worry it normal, some people have been known to gain weight during this period so your doing well

Thank you so much. That is very reassuring. Ive been really worried. There was no mention of any of this from the hospital or surgeon prior to the op! First Fill two weeks today. thanks so much for the post it really really helps. xxx

im going to say pretty much the same as serenity that the initail restriction is only from swelling/op trauma when it goes it means your healing and get better this is very much part of the normal process and fill no 1 is usually at 6 weeks, the 1st 6 weeks is genarally the hardest as you will most likley to have an empty band and alot of will power is needed not to eat the wrong foods at this point. resriction will be built up gradually over time with fills, it takes the average bander 2-3 fills to get a good restriction level.

please do not worry your at a normal part of the process and we have all experienced whats happeneing to you now.

liz x

Hi Tina - sorry to hear about your troubles and i hope soon things get moving in the right direction. I can't help you with any sound advice other than keep doing what you have been advised to do and if the situation still hasn't rectified itself then get in touch with your WLS team.

I am sure you will start to lose soon this could be a mini plateau - just try and remain positive (i know it's easier said than done) sending you hugs with fairy dust to boost your positive vibes x

Oh Tina that sounds awful, I'm so sorry. Having read the other post by Liz and Serenity I hope you feel completely reassured.

And Hey it wouldn't be normal not to feel all over the place emotionally. But it'll be great in the end.
Try and imagine this time next year, or even September keep your eye on the goal not the hummocks along the way. All power to you losing that much already by will power alone!!!

You're doing fan~flipping~tastic and everything is gonna be just great very very soon

Love and hugs

Hi i am due my first fill 30 may was banded 15 april i am now able to eat most food but feel i would not like to over eat due to a feeling of pressure under my chest .I can eat a med size portion of food have lost 30 pounds but it now seems to be slowing down.I hope after fill i will start to lose again i am sure you will to good luck.

Hi Tina, I'm only 8 days post op and must admit there are foods that I can eat (tiny portions) even though I'm supposed to be on fluids only. When I was doing the liquids I struggled to get them down and it gave me a lot of pain so I tried a sloppy scrambled egg and it went down alot easier and was less painful!! I can't eat much just tiny tiny portions but have felt 100% better in myself since I've been having a little food.I have'nt been sick (apart from the pain killer incident) and have'nt had any more pain when the food goes down so I must be doing it right lol

Back