• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks post op

chel82

hi all

this thread may seem like its thr same as weve all read time and time before but i just want some reassurance

im 5 weeks post bandling and iv just had 3cc put in. i can eat as normal which iv read is normal until you hit your sweet spot but cant help worrying somethings up. iv only lost 11lb since banding the rest i lost pre diet and i look at other peoples weight loss who have been banded in novemeber and there all much further on than me and in posts iv read them say their satisifed and not hungry i feel EXACTLY how i did before banding

cant help feeling down about it. also im from york i have my fills monthly in manchester but have to wait for dr to come over from belguim can anyone recommend any other places in yorkshire/north where i can go when i want as id love to go get a bit more in next week lol

Hi Ive been banded in november 08. I have stopped loosing at 20lbs. My 1st fill will be in jan, so hoping that will help restrict me more to enable my weight loss to resume. My appetite is almost back to how it was now too, hence the plato. Try not to worry too much, as long as your eating healthily, your weight loss will resume now you have had your fill. I went with surgicare, not sure if they have sumwhere in yorkshire but they have 1 in manchester. They have a surgeon available as you need them.

Try not to compare yourself with other banders, bcos everyone has a different metabolism and healing rate. This affects the rate at which you will loose weight. Your on the right track, you can do it. Stick with it and take care of yourself. Regards R x

Try not to compare - this is such a personal journey and it takes time for some and it's quicker than others. 5 weeks is still very very very early days....

You are doing brilliantly...:)

Try not to compare - this is such a personal journey and it takes time for some and it's quicker than others. 5 weeks is still very very very early days....

You are doing brilliantly...:)

yes i agree caz every 1 is different, and 5 weeks is early stages, we all gets the 1st fill at diff points in time, we all have diff size bands ect. the weight will come off just be patient.

Hiya i was banded in sept and im at pre op weight due to no fill yet :confused:,and others are 2 stone down at the same point as me with no fills at all ,

its hard as we see a band as universal it looks the same so surely we should all do the same:(, but its a very individual journey what works for one doesn't another ,some people dont need as many fills others need to have there band full to lose weight !. so try not to worry and just look at what you are doing not others ,as in my opinion your doing great xx

im on mysecond fill and still dont have restriction hun it can be a slow process im just relaxing now till it right i only lost 4lbs between first and second one but thats the nature of the band il have restriction a long time so with going mad im going to enjoy christmas !your doing well you have lost some already and it a good start

I also agree with Caz dont compare yourself to others, we are all different.....your are doing well chick stick with it...xx

Back